Am I over stocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for looking at a tank and seeing it's over stocked

I don't see why people wouldn't be able to see

They must have looked at other tanks in pictures on the net or in mags which probably got them into the hobby in the first place

If something works and you manage water quality you can get away with a lot more than I see people in some threads say is over stocked

I don't see why people wouldn't be able to see

They must have looked at other tanks in pictures on the net or in mags which probably got them into the hobby in the first place

Unfortunately if you don't know where to look and what you should be seeing, most of the stuff you see on places like youtube(probably where they're going to see vids)is destined for disaster. So even if they do look at some stuff, they probably aren't going to see what they should be seeing. People can't expect to know what is right if they aren't given the information of what is right.

how are brand new people entering the hobby just supposed to know that's like asking a newborn kid to just know how to walk lol.

Seeing it in a magazine? OK that's not the same as asking others with experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

how are brand new people entering the hobby just supposed to know that's like asking a newborn kid to just know how to walk lol.

So you mean someone who comes into the hobby without doing no research what so ever well that kind of person shouldn't be keeping fish

It's a learning curve anyone in this hobby who hasn't purchased the wrong type of fish at some point is a liar

Mistakes happen that's how the people giving out the advice on if a tank is over stocked or not got there info in the first place

If someone had 50 mollies and 5 giant gourami in a 10 gal are you telling me they wouldn't know they was overstocked

Having 1 platy to many in a tank isn't the end of the world is the owner has plenty of filtration and is doing lots of water changes

In the eyes of many small fish keeper every large fish keeper is over stocked

I would even say my tank is over stocked but I change 200 gal of water per day and that compensates my high stock levels

Well you know what sorry you were apparently a good fish keeper from the start but most people do just that they go out and just buy fish and they fail then they come here asking questions and then learn about stocking why are you even complaining about stocking threads if you don't like them then don't comment or look at them it's that easy.

Seeing it in a magazine? OK that's not the same as asking others with experience.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have so many expert on forums well they think they are experts in most cases they give out misleading information

You have so many expert on forums well they think they are experts in most cases they give out misleading information

Are you a know it all or something just wondering? You are calling people misleading and keep complaining about how people just need to know what to stock in tanks your sounding a little ridiculous just being honest.

Well you know what sorry you were apparently a good fish keeper from the start but most people do just that they go out and just buy fish and they fail then they come here asking questions and then learn about stocking why are you even complaining about stocking threads if you don't like them then don't comment or look at them it's that easy.

So you think it's good people ask the question after they have already killed a bunch of fish

Surely they should ask first

Or even better still why not ask in the store before you even purchase the fish

The store never gives out good info and its just the way it is. Usually people start out that way I know it's bad they kill the fish but the fact of the matter is that's how almost everyone starts off the hobby the wrong way!

Are you a know it all or something just wondering? You are calling people misleading and keep complaining about how people just need to know what to stock in tanks your sounding a little ridiculous just being honest.

Tell you what forget it carry on giving out the same advice over and over again

On help me stock this size tank
Am I over stocked or how to cycle a tank just because new members can't be bothered to read existing threads

If you are so unhappy about people asking questions why are you on an aquarium forum? If it upsets you so much don't answer questions it's not that big of a deal

I know nothing about birds but could tell just by looking that a golden eagle shouldn't be kept in a 4x4 cage

I'm done arguing with you. You won't listen to anything I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom