Angel Died, Need new heater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptos

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay for the last 2 weeks my heater has been heating the tank up to like 85 degrees then I have to unplug it over night and it drops down to like 74, and Then I plug it back in and it goes back up. even Though I have it set to like 75. It came with the 55gal All Glass Aquarium. and my guess it that the heat fluxuations killed my fishie friend. So I was wondering whats a good heater for a 55gal thats not terribly exspensive.

Also my water is still VERY VERY cloudy, I did a water change 3 days ago or so and the just clouds right back up. You can see my list of fish in Sig.

The Aquarium Systems Visi-Therm Stealth heater is a great heater. Look for a 250 Watt. Big Al's Online only sells them for up to 200 Watts on the canadian site. But I'd aim for 250.

LOL...came back and saw your response...didn't think you responded immediately after.

I'm guessing you can rule out any bacterial or algae blooms since it has persisted for this length of time. This is what leads me to the possibility of accumulated particle matter (ie: lime). Have you cleaned out your filter or changed filter pads recently?

I changed one of the pads, last weekend, and the other 2 weeks before. And Will trying to replace both net weekend at the same time. Once I get a chance to go buy some.

Back
Top Bottom