Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chaik

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon with some neon tetras that I used to grow 2 small chain store angels to put them into my 72 bow community tank that has tetras and one big angel. Now that one of the angels is getting too big for the 20 I'm scared my really big angel will kill it of I move it to the bigger tank what do I do

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could have a problem as angels should be bought at the same time, so they grow out together, I don't think it would kill it but it could make it's life miserable, have you got plenty of plant cover? pics would be good........

It's always been a best experience for me to get them in groups of 3 or more. As for what to do, your just gonna have to try it and see what happens. Hope all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

When introducing a new angel to a tank try removing the old angel, rearrange the tank, add the new angel/s in, then a short time later add the old angel back in. This method can often confuse the old angel into thinking it is in a new tank where it has no established territory.

+1 to the above. Add in some tall decor to break up their line of sight as well. If one does start to get bullied, he won't have far to run to 'hide'

Good advise. Also do this on a day you can be watching the tank all day. Sometimes you will notice they charge the other one and bump it but don't really fight or injure it and they eventually get to work it all out. It can look scary. Good luck. Hope your big one likes company.

Are you gonna add both the new ones in together to the big tank?

+ 2 ^, I used to think Angels were slow and graceful, well they are really, until you try and catch 'em........lol

+ 2 ^, I used to think Angels were slow and graceful, well they are really, until you try and catch 'em........lol

Got a hearty chuckle out of that comment!!! ;)

Using 2 nets both with the size needed to capture it will help a lot. One to herd it and one to catch it. Also it is amazing since they are so large, how flat they are when they go sideways. :rolleyes:

From my experience, angels sometimes can be nasty towards each other whether they were purchased together or not, once they grow you never know. I won't get into the why or why not they do what they do but all I can say is try and see what happens, they might work out fine together keep an eye on them, they are after all cichlids.

I'm not sure whether I want to add both to the larger tank but I was leaning towards leaving the smaller angel in the 20 gallon until it grows larger

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom