angels and apistos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello all i have a 29g that i would love to have both angels and apistos i was thinking about a pair of both i know its wishful thinking but was curious.

hello all i have a 29g that i would love to have both angels and apistos i was thinking about a pair of both i know its wishful thinking but was curious.
IMO,you shouldnt do a pair of angels in a 29. maybe if it was all you were getting,a pair of apistos and AN angel would work,but im not sure

IMO,you shouldnt do a pair of angels in a 29. maybe if it was all you were getting,a pair of apistos and AN angel would work,but im not sure
i would be will to do one angel and a pair of apistos thanks for the quick response.

T-man02 said:
i would be will to do one angel and a pair of apistos thanks for the quick response.

I would heavily plant the tank, you have two different types of cihlids in there and well, you know how cichlids are. Just to be safe.

i understand they are both cichlids but i thought it might work since one is on top and the other on bottom

T-man02 said:
i understand they are both cichlids but i thought it might work since one is on top and the other on bottom

It is where they usually are, however don't count on them to always be there my rams are said to be bottom dwelling but they like to swim in the middle strata.

I have kept a pair of a apistos and a single angel. I had little conflict, the apistos stayed on the bottom in and around the wood, and the angel was a the top worried about dinner.

right i was implying they stay where most stay haha but i dont have a problem with changing the rock scape and plants

thats what i was hoping the angel stay up top or middle and the apistos stay on the bottom but if i have to cut one out im definitely sticking with the apistos.

Back
Top Bottom