Angry at Quick Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fearlessfisch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was putting drops in my tank according to the directions, and the whole dropper fell out of the top, dumping half the bottle into my tank.

How could the whole top just fall off like that???????

Warning to others: Drop the drops into a cup rather than directly into the aquarium, just in case...

Call the company and tell them they should inspect their products better or prepare for a slew of angry fish owners looking for compensation, especially if the amount of quick cure kills off a sensitive expensive fish.

Thank you everyone for hearing my vent. I will let the company know....I just had to scream to someone who would understand how enraging it is.

CTD, you may be right. I always use the heat treatment for ich, but my dim head did not even consider it for other parasites....I don't know if it would have worked for this or not, but I should have at least researched it before throwing poison into my tank.

I did some massive water changes but still lost some neons and a german blue ram. My other fish seem to be surviving so far.

It was just so unnecessary.

will definately premix the med. in a cup and dose it if i ever run into a situation where medication is a must...
i feel so bad for the loss

Even so poisons in moderation are beneficial, obviously it was made for fish tanks; but also it should be expected that the dropper feature is secure considering whats inside of it and what it's hovering over. Sorry about your loss. Although loved, at least the neons were inexpensive, but epic sorry about the ram! Those can be worth upwards of 65$! Not to mention they're all unique and beautiful.

I have probably 12 of those built in dropper bottles, I'll be sure to keep a finger on the lip of them next time they need to be used.

Wow, were you adding it to a hospital tank or your main tank? That must have been frusterating (and an understatement). There's no telling what kind of inventive language I would have come up with at the time if that had happened to me.

I think I would have died. That really sucks. But at least we can learn from this and put the drops into a cup first. Sad that we have to do that and that they can't make the product better.

Besides letting the company know, I asked the store for a replacement. Half the contents were gone, and I resented having to stick my fingers in formalin in order to keep the dropper secure when using it now.

The surviving fish are doing well, and the medication does seem to have helped the ones who were infested with parasites prior to the accident. It was my main tank, a 55.

Thanks again for all your support and kind words. I hope everyone is dosing into cups now.

Back
Top Bottom