Another stocking list (Not for the 55, this time!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hrafnkel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright, so, as MTS takes full control of my body, I'm already planning the tank I'm getting after my 55. >.> I was thinking maybe a 29 gallon (I actually remembered to state the tank size in the first post this time!). What would be some good fish, for one? Things that will definitely go in would be...

5 Bronze cories
6 Rummynose Tetras

That's all I'm sure of, yet. The 5 cories will be in my (future) 55 for a while, from October 'til December (when I'm planning to get the 29). I wanna move them out of the 55 in favor of a few upside-down cats to kinda round off the oddball theme of the bigger tank. So what other fish could I get for a 29? And would it be okay to go ahead and put the upside-down cats in the 55 before the cories were to move out, since all the fish will still be small at that point? For reference, the planned stocking list for the 55 is:

1 Blood Parrot Cichlid
1 Peacock Eel
1 African Brown Knife Fish (X. nigri, not clown knife)
5 cories (temporary)
1 dojo loach ('til spring, then he goes into the fish pond)
6 Tiger barbs
6 Bloodfin tetras

i wouldnt put those fish with a blood parrot,they get a pretty big and ive seen one up close beat up a 1 and a half foot blue arowana.

Maybe a guarami or two they make nice center pieces. The upside down cats won't hurt anything so you could add them if you wished. The only problem would be they would push you stocking level pretty high. I wish you were closer I have two upside down feather fin cats that need a new home, they are getting to big for my 36.

Heh, I wouldn't mind taking them, but it's a bit far. :p And I won't have the 55 'til October, sadly. Also, I have the parrot already (He's like, barely an inch long, which is the only reason I got him now). I got him after studying for about 30 minutes and practically making a psychological profile of every fish in the tank at the store. :p He's preacful, really. He thinks he's a cory. :lol:

If he isn't, I'll return him just for the safety of my other fish... I don't like returning fish, but if I had to, I would.

One question.. Would a single angel be okay in a 29 with a small school of rummynose and some cories? Or no?

I have heard angels like to be at in least pairs. On the other hand I have heard single angels are fine. I would get two, I think they would be fine in a 29 gallon tank. It is a nice high design. I know some folks here will disagree but that is my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom