Anyone using in-line heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can get the hydor in line heater into any tube that is 1/2 or 5/8 inch. The tubes stretch enough to allow this. Much easier on the 5/8 tubes though. As stated, on the exhaust or out end of the filter, and keep the heater verticle. If no room above the canister, the keep enough room behind the tank to keep the heater verticle.

Next filter set up I do, I'm going with a canister [larger than the recommended] and an in-line heater for same. If I have to buy the filter based on the manufacture that offers the pair up, I'll doing it.

Such a nice way to keep the tank free of equipment.

What are you all using for digital thermometers? Seems that it wouldn't be such a pain in the butt to push a button to check temp.....'specially when I can't read the standard mercury ones with the 70-80- degree 'safezone' without a flashlight.

CH

CH

I am a Noobee but got all my info from research on this site and another which led towards the RENA filters I use and the HYDOR in-line heaters.

The 300 watt Hydor on my 30 gal hex and on the 55 gal rect. tank. On the 55 the temp never deviates 0.6 degrees and on the 30 gal even less.

Back
Top Bottom