Aquarium Lights!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! (I posted a very similar thread on this forum earlier, but nobody responded, so I am posting this one! :) ) I am planning on getting a 30 gallon aquarium soon, and I can't seem to find any quality light strips that are good, but not too expensive. (I want a light strip because I plan to use a versa top). I can't even find any 30 gallon aquariums online! (Just some kits)!

If you know of any good brands of lights and bulbs (I'm not good with wattage and ballasts and all of that stuff ) and brands that sell just normal tanks (no filter, heater, etc.) I would appreciate it a lot if you told me!

I would like to have a planted tank , with plants that require moderate light, but nothing too fancy.

Thank you! :thanks:

:fish1: :fish2: :fish1: :fish2: :fish1: :fish2: :fish1: :fish2:

So are t5's the way to go? What brand?

some brands include, but not limited to, aquaticlife, coralife, zoo med. what's your budget for light? there's also a non-name brand on fishneedit.com. they're supposed of good quality as well with out that high of a price tag. i just got one from them and will do a review on them once i get a chance.

some brands include, but not limited to, aquaticlife, coralife, zoo med. what's your budget for light? there's also a non-name brand on fishneedit.com. they're supposed of good quality as well with out that high of a price tag. i just got one from them and will do a review on them once i get a chance.

Cool thanks! (y)

So are t5's the way to go? What brand?

T5 truly provide the spectrum of what you need for growing out the plants. some LED makers such as Finnex ray 2 are very good at giving your plants the light but not the redness you would need. say you have rotala indica or ludwigia, you wouldn't get the redness on the leaves if you use LED alone.

Back
Top Bottom