Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer VS Python Water Changer ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see what you mean. I bought the python but I'm having trouble finding a way to connect it to my tap.

Taps in the UK don't have the external thread and the 'universal' adaptor is way to small to fit over a regular UK tap. I've spent £90 and can't use it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
You can Cal, where the water comes out will screw off and then remove the rubber washer and your python fossit will screw up into your mixer tap.......

You can Cal, where the water comes out will screw off and then remove the rubber washer and your python fossit will screw up into your mixer tap.......

You mean the rubber piece with the metal clip or the rubber on the tap?

You mean the rubber piece with the metal clip or the rubber on the tap?

just put you finger up in to the mixer tap outlet and there is a rubber washer take that out and the python should screw up in to the tap

They python is made to fit the screw threads for American taps. My tap doesn't even have a thread it is a push fit plastic piece. Even if the plastic piece was internally it wouldn't fit a British tap.

The diameter of the universal adaptor is too small to go round an old tap.

oh no, do you have a shower down stairs??

No just a kitchen sink. I could put a mixer tap on but the threads on mixers here are different to American. I thought there would be a way to do it but there isn't without changing taps at the very least.

Well mine fitted Cal and i'm in Nottingham, but if you don't have a mixer tap it's no good as you have to get your temp right........

The tubing that Aqueon uses has a pretty strong odor. My wife had one and the odor didn't fade after months. She got rid of it.

I would also add their is a similar product made by Lees that is terrible. I have no idea why but the suction is a lot less than the Python. It's construction appears very similar but it doesn't work the same.

In the end, I would go with the Python. It is only a few dollars more and you know it will work.

So what exactly does the Python screw into? Anyone have pics? I'm from Australia so hopefully it works.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I started with the Aqueon. After around 18 months the plastic started failing/cracking. I've only just recently replaced all but the hose with Python parts. It's too soon to say for sure, but the new parts look and feel like they're higher quality. The ball valves move more smoothly as well.

So what exactly does the Python screw into? Anyone have pics? I'm from Australia so hopefully it works.

this is the only one I've found available in Australia that isn't sent from the US. I was planning on getting one assuming they would fit Aust. taps/faucets easily until I read this.

I would also add their is a similar product made by Lees that is terrible. I have no idea why but the suction is a lot less than the Python. It's construction appears very similar but it doesn't work the same.

In the end, I would go with the Python. It is only a few dollars more and you know it will work.

More research for those of us outside the US it seems. Australia also has a hodge podge of imperial, metric and unthreadedtaps/faucets/pipes etc. I think we've got it all in our place...

Are they really that bad? Its quite cheap.
Python in ebay US is over $100.
Maybe better off making a diy with garden hose

You can buy the vac tube and faucet piece independently. You don't even need the tube unless you have gravel.

$100? They come in different lengths - sounds like for a 75 ft. My 25 ft was around $30.

You can buy the vac tube and faucet piece independently. You don't even need the tube unless you have gravel.

$100? They come in different lengths - sounds like for a 75 ft. My 25 ft was around $30.

How much for 50 feet?
Where did you find that?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom