Badis badis and betta compatability?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a community tank with
7 neon tetras
3 cory catfish
2 peacock gudgeons
1 african banded barb
1 gold inca snail
1 trap door snail
And 1 dragonscale betta

They are all in a 20g planted tank and I was wondering if a badis badis would be compatible with any of the fish. The one fish that worries me is the betta he isnt a very aggressive fish only flaring at his own reflection occationally but he is doing well with his other tank mates.

So Im wondering if the betta and the badis badis would be compatible?

Would i be able to add any shrimp at all?
Im not so sure, I dont know how well theyd do with cories but the tetras and beta should be okay since bettas tend to stay at the top of the aquarium and and shrimp normally try to search for food on the bottom. Id look into their compatability with the guedeons, they might be trouble.

I have run who lived with cories and never had a problem
I think a betta would do fine with that stocking especially since it's planted

The betta may hunt the shrimp, they are predators but some are more into it than others

I used to have 3 cherry shrimp in my tank until they each started disappearing 1 by 1 and how they disappeared but i suspect my betta ate them.
I also wanted to mention that i have modified my aqeuon quietflow filter to have more surface are and expand my bacterial colony. Would I be able to stock more then what i have and the 3 extra corys that i plan on getting?

Back
Top Bottom