Banded carshark help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kudos to you for trying your best to help
These fish!! I know absolutely nothing about predator fish, but with all the stress that your fish have been through and the fact that you have ammonia in your water, I'd get some Prime while you're at the store tomorrow and add that to the water. That's just what I'd do. Good luck!!

huma-huma said:
It could be off by more than that, in the same sense it could be accurate. The accuracy of hydrometers isnt my concern, in our hobby (esp sw) our stocklists tend to cost thousands of dollars, so a $30 piece of equipment to add an extra peace of mind is more than worth it

Never said not to get it, even if it's off by .010 it wouldn't do as much harm as ammonia. I said to get it after the liquid test which is much much more important.

I have been in this hobby kfor over 3 years, and I just picked up a refractometer this week. Super excited to get the order for the drs...

New pics all the black is off the cow fish

Attachments

• image-2096902007.jpg
    image-2096902007.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1097844700.jpg
    image-1097844700.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2987649505.jpg
    image-2987649505.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image-4069277261.jpg
    image-4069277261.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1625614187.jpg
    image-1625614187.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2078783861.jpg
    image-2078783861.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 84
Also, forget the 5g buckets for mixing water. Go out to home depot and get some 30g trash cans. You should get 3. One for mixing water, one for taking water to dump from the tank and one for reserve. Do you have an RO/DI unit to make water because tap water is going to,mess you up big time on your water parameters. Just an observation from a large tank owner, we have a 180g and a 54g.

don't make the same mistake i did and get cheap trash cans. Buy the "Brute" trash cans right off the bat and save yourself some headache :)

That tank is AMAZING! I'm with everyone here and super excited to see how this turns out. Major kuddos to you for doing what you need to do to make sure these fish are cared for properly!

Last edited:
I didn't want to show you all this because of how bad it was but here are the pics of when I got it home I'm doing a pic log of my progress so what your about to see is this same tank 8 days ago

It's horrible but with these pics u can really see what I've been through by the way I found out that I was getting this tank the night befor I got it so there was no planing or getting ready for this but it's still going well

Attachments

• image-2672963094.jpg
    image-2672963094.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1234416477.jpg
    image-1234416477.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1084605814.jpg
    image-1084605814.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-888653075.jpg
    image-888653075.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 111
It's horrible but with these pics u can really see what I've been through by the way I found out that I was getting this tank the night befor I got it so there was no planing or getting ready for this but it's still going well

:eek: oh...my...lord...you have done amazing work with this tank already! Keep up the great work!

Wow man things look good so far compared to that. You are now the shark whisperer. Lol just watch those water parameters and keep us posted. :)

Holy tankroom batman!! Its come a very long way in te few days youve had it! In with everyone else in that i cant wait to see it scaped and full of rock and more fish!

I know this tank can/will be amazing the reason it was given to me is I was the only person he knew that would spend the time/money to fix it. This isn't my first big tank but it is my first saltwater I used to have a 150gal cichlid tank it was a work of art but the seams went to leaking and at that time I didn't know they could be fixed I have no pics and that's why I'm taking a ton of pics of this tank thank you all

I didnt know that. That was my old house right now I have it setting next to my load bearing wall and a have 2x10 every 16" I should be ok with this house my old tank was glass and this tank is acrylic

I will be that was my first test with the liquid test kit should I start a water change or see what it looks like tomarro?

If the fish arent acting weird, jist wait till tomorrow. It looks like youre not cycled yet. If thats the case, youll just need to watch the parameters everyday like a hawk and do pwcs as needed

Ok fish aren't acting funny and I'll test morning and night I think I might get my empty 50gal tank filled up with RO water so I'm ready would a 50 be big enough for a good water change or should I use a 75 or both (yes I have 6 tanks and only 2 running I wish I had a bigger house)

Id stick with the 50 for pwcs ( thats about 20%) and youll do a big pwc at the end of the cycle. Nothing wrong with have several extra tanks. That will give you spare tanks in the unfortunate case that something were to happen to the 250 (i didnt have any when my 125 went and it was the middle of the night 0_o. Also when you top of your tank from evaporation lose, use ro FRESH water, not saltwater

Back
Top Bottom