BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you see the light? Do you have a job lined up for when you're finished?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When I got my undergrad I had something lined up 6 months before I graduated. Made it a little difficult to stay motivated, but it all worked out. Had to move to a different city and start work 4 days after graduation haha. What a whirlwind week!

I can relate to that 100%. When I finished my undergrad I graduated on a saturday and have to move to start an internship on Monday.

I think my biggest concern with just starting fresh, with new substrate and possibly a new tank is that if the issue still may not be resolved.

Heres the sunrise from the bow.
img_3249699_0_ea8ac1bfdbff437ea2b5e56c4bdf0842.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Time for yet another trim.... I really need to actually scape this tank but the melting needs to stop with the other species.

For what it's worth, even though you're having a tough time with melting, the tank still looks great! How tall is this tank?

The tank is way to tall. Around 24 inches from the base to the lid so about 20inches of growing space. The plants that grow well in this tank do really well, the ones that don't grow well have serious issues.... I'd love to rescape it but im not willing to risk putting all that money into new cool plants and just have them melt on me.

Got the tank mounts for my BML today. Water change day is again tomorrow. Debating on dirting the tank, dirting a storage bin, or just buying some **** aquasoil and hit a reset button.

Got the tank mounts for my BML today. Water change day is again tomorrow. Debating on dirting the tank, dirting a storage bin, or just buying some **** aquasoil and hit a reset button.

Are you still considering a diff tank size(shallower possibly)? I'll be trying the aquasoil in the future..

sit in silence...

Yep the 17 gallon is still under strong consideration

Yep the 17 gallon is still under strong consideration

Refresh my memory,what were the specs on the 17g? Will you be using the bml if you go with the 17g?
With that being said,if you go with the 17g aquasoil may be the way of the walk...

sit in silence...

Mr aqua and ada 17's Are 24" long by about 12" tall I believe.. excellenteeee

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Close Brookster! 24 long 12 wide 15 high. With those dimensions I'll be trimming every other day!

That cube would be cool, it double the size of my current tank. It also wouldnt come close to fitting on my stand. The big plus to the 17 is that it will fit perfectly on my stand. The layout is almost identical to the bow, minus about 6 inches of height and without the bow... I just don't know if its all worth it.

That cube would be cool, it double the size of my current tank. It also wouldnt come close to fitting on my stand. The big plus to the 17 is that it will fit perfectly on my stand. The layout is almost identical to the bow, minus about 6 inches of height and without the bow... I just don't know if its all worth it.

What would be the associated cost of aquasoil for the 17g?

sit in silence...

It depends on what I choose. If I go power sand plus a 9L bag it would be $84 shipped. If I went with 2 9L bags it would be $100, if I go with one 9L of regular, 3L of powder it would be 83. They recommend the 2L of power sand and one 9L bag for the 17 gal layout.

The only other thing id want to get is more of a feature stone and some lilly pipes off of fleebay.

It depends on what I choose. If I go power sand plus a 9L bag it would be $84 shipped. If I went with 2 9L bags it would be $100, if I go with one 9L of regular, 3L of powder it would be 83. They recommend the 2L of power sand and one 9L bag for the 17 gal layout.

The only other thing id want to get is more of a feature stone and some lilly pipes off of fleebay.

Dragon or Ohko Stone looks awesome...the power sand and 9L bag don't seem too pricey w/shipping as you've mentioned.. I've convinced myself to stay with dirt&a cap for anything over 10g's but the 6g will inevitably see aquasoil...I've had great results with dirt in larger footprints..

sit in silence...

Yeah, from what I've read the power sand doesnt do much. Might be better off with 9L of regular and 3L of powder. I really want a character stone for my tank. My current stones are way too small. As for dirt, its by far the most competitive with aquasoil if not better. The only issue is I like to move plants around and it's way to messy for that.

Back
Top Bottom