Beginner to saltwater aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great job. Time to get those bulkheads in place now.

I handed them off tommy
Plumbing friend. We come up with an idea to customize the bulkheads that will only stick out 3 inch with the 90 elbow attached. I won't get those back until Monday. I'm about to start on the stand.

Looks awesome, are you going to add corner bracing? That thing looks like a beast!

Looks awesome, are you going to add corner bracing? That thing looks like a beast!

Yeah, I just got done with them. Got a sheet of vantec I plan to add to the top and bottom for sump to sit on. Then going to wrap in thin plywood, add some corner trim, then add doors and some knobs and will be done. Paint and water proof everything of course. Should turn out nice I'm hoping.

IMG_1523.JPG
Got the beast painted up tonight. Now, time to wait for sump glass and plumbing parts. Had to order everything. Couldn't find anything local in 1 1/4".

Well, iv received my plumbing parts, 100lb dry rock, and was ready to build my sump. However, I had purchased 1 1/4" sch 80 bulkheads awhile back. The seller had listed hole size as 2 1/4" for these bulkheads. The one time I took someone's word for it, it bit me in the butt. The bulkheads will not fit in the holes I drilled. The holes are 1mm to small. I'm very mad and aggravated about the situation. So much preparation and research and something as simple and small as that is going to set me back. Anyways, I ordered 3 ABS bulkheads which will def fit, but I'm
Hoping the holes ain't to big. The hole is within the size for the ABS to work, but 4mm larger than the minimum. Praying they seal good and tight, bc if they don't I'm in trouble. The dude on eBay got a nasty review but it's also my fault to take someone's word for something and assume they know what their talking about. If you want something done right, do the measurements yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 296597
Iv got some dry fitting done on my plumbing. Also, got the sump built. I do not like the 55g for a sump, but it was free so I went with it. It's just to high. Anyways, I had no option but to do a small horizontal run for my full siphon drain. Also, I'm going to have to do some modification in order to fit a union before the gate valve. Hate valve is only about 4 inch below a 90 elbow. Had no other option. I will attach some close up of that after this.

Got return pump set in the sump and dry fitted the return plumbing. Use a piece of spaflex connecting to a 45 elbow then to hard pvc up to a y split 3/4" loc line. Will also attach pic.

Thoughts?

IMG_1573.jpg
Got the stand wrapped and the plumbing done. Waiting for my overflow
Box and I will be filling it to see how everything works.

If it's all good, iv got to apply the trim, paint, relocate to permanent spot and apply the doors then I can add the rock and start cycling.

Whoo, it's been a process!

Back
Top Bottom