Bert's ADA cube garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank arrived today! If u haven't seen an Ada tank in person before then u need to find one because they truely are an amazing thing!

The lines are so clean and the silicon is completely invisible! It really is amazing quality!

Here's a picture of the bare tank and then one with it on the stand.
http://pho.to/AhqpO
Not sure what colour background yet but I will most likely go with black.

Yes, the tank alone is like a piece of art.
As for the background, if you don't plan on painting it, you can experiment with other materials such as rice paper for an interesting effect.

Yes, the tank alone is like a piece of art.
As for the background, if you don't plan on painting it, you can experiment with other materials such as rice paper for an interesting effect.

I don't think I could bring myself to spray paint onto it lol it's too nice!

Ooh yes I never thought of rice paper! Fogged contact was an idea I was toying with aswell. I'm thinking the lighter back lit look better than black. [emoji106]

I don't think I could bring myself to spray paint onto it lol it's too nice!

Ooh yes I never thought of rice paper! Fogged contact was an idea I was toying with aswell. I'm thinking the lighter back lit look better than black. [emoji106]
Awesome yea Ada are top of the line my Ada mini m was perfect . I think the fogged look would be cool :)

Without thick seams of silicon and a rim ....how is that thing held together? I imagine filling it and all the sides springing apart. Lol

The tank arrived today! If u haven't seen an Ada tank in person before then u need to find one because they truely are an amazing thing!

The lines are so clean and the silicon is completely invisible! It really is amazing quality!

Here's a picture of the bare tank and then one with it on the stand.
http://pho.to/AhqpO
Not sure what colour background yet but I will most likely go with black.

That is a lovely looking tank! Many years from now, I'll look into those for my next tank. You can't go wrong with a black background, or even blue. It'll look nice if you have a lot of green plants.

Without thick seams of silicon and a rim ....how is that thing held together? I imagine filling it and all the sides springing apart. Lol

Haha I know right! The silicon is only between the glass and doesn't enter the inside or outside of the glass panels. U can actually feel the edge of the glass of u run your finger nail across the joint.

I'm with u on this one, it's amazing that u can use such little silicon and it be strong enough to hold. I guess if u have the right machinery anything is possible [emoji16]

That is a lovely looking tank! Many years from now, I'll look into those for my next tank. You can't go wrong with a black background, or even blue. It'll look nice if you have a lot of green plants.

U certainly wouldn't be disappointed. The quality is amazing. It's also low iron super clear glass, if u look at it empty on the stand you almost can't see the back panel it's that clear. Incredible!

Majority of the plants will be green that's why I was leaning towards black, I'll only have 1 spot of reds. I used black on the 60 so I was thinking of switching it up. I'll have to just try a few different ones to see what looks best. I've left it far enough off wall so I have enough room to play with it :)

Had the day off today so I decided I'd get the hardscape in. Really happy with it and i now have a pretty good idea of what plants I want and where they will go.

I've put polystyrene triangles in the back corner to give me the height without using too much substrate. I pulled it in from the glass so u can't see it from any side.

I've also put in substrate supports in the upper section between the rocks to stop the substrate from settling back to flat.

The white background is just so you can see the scape as it blends into the brick wall behind lol.

Pics: http://pho.to/AhtmV

Had the day off today so I decided I'd get the hardscape in. Really happy with it and i now have a pretty good idea of what plants I want and where they will go.

I've put polystyrene triangles in the back corner to give me the height without using too much substrate. I pulled it in from the glass so u can't see it from any side.

I've also put in substrate supports in the upper section between the rocks to stop the substrate from settling back to flat.

The white background is just so you can see the scape as it blends into the brick wall behind lol.

Pics: http://pho.to/AhtmV
Very nice Bert

Lighting brackets and the wifi controller turned up today! I can control the timer, colours, lighting intensity etc all from an app on my phone [emoji106][emoji16]

Also went to the LFS and picked up a canister filter. I got an aqua one 1000 as I like the ease of cleaning them and the connections are nice and strong.

The filter will give me 7x turn over when full of media. Should be plenty as my stock will either be a school of tetras or no fish at all.

I also decided I hated the scape so I've completely changed it. It's been rescaped for over a week now and I'm still happy with it so I think it's what I'll run with [emoji106]

Power supply for the lights sparked out the back of it when I turned it on and it was hissing with electricity so I've thrown it away and I'll have to get a new one [emoji20]

Pics tomorrow [emoji16][emoji106]

Lighting brackets and the wifi controller turned up today! I can control the timer, colours, lighting intensity etc all from an app on my phone [emoji106][emoji16]

Also went to the LFS and picked up a canister filter. I got an aqua one 1000 as I like the ease of cleaning them and the connections are nice and strong.

The filter will give me 7x turn over when full of media. Should be plenty as my stock will either be a school of tetras or no fish at all.

I also decided I hated the scape so I've completely changed it. It's been rescaped for over a week now and I'm still happy with it so I think it's what I'll run with [emoji106]

Power supply for the lights sparked out the back of it when I turned it on and it was hissing with electricity so I've thrown it away and I'll have to get a new one [emoji20]

Pics tomorrow [emoji16][emoji106]

Good going Bert[emoji106] looking forward to seeing pic [emoji4][emoji122]

Nice stand! Is that an aqua one filter?

Thanks dela :) yea it's a Aqua one 1000. Tanks only 120 litres so should give me plenty of flow :) haven't decided if I'll run the duckbill or a spray bar yet

Back
Top Bottom