Betta Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarterFisherman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I have a 10 gallon tank with 1 betta fish. I bought pellet food when I got it. How many pellets per day should I be feeding it?

I was told 5 pellets per day.

I would feed it around 8-10 pellets. Also is your tank heated I know lots of people don't have heaters for them. You could add a few tankmates to like 5 celestial pearl danios or a mystery snail or 2.

Hi. I have a 10 gallon tank with 1 betta fish. I bought pellet food when I got it. How many pellets per day should I be feeding it?

I was told 5 pellets per day.

What size pellets? For 2mm pellets you will only need 2-3. Micro pellets will need more. It also depends on your Bettas appetite and if he's prone to bloating.

I'm not sure of the size pellets. I will let know know when I get back home.

We are actually on our way to get tankmates LOL! It's a tank that we are using as part of my son's reward system. So we are going to get (2) more fish

I just picked up (3) neon Tetras and (1) snail
I was also told (5) pellets are ok to feed the betta but every OTHER day as I have the LARGE pellets!! So much for my listening skills when I bought them.
Anyway. Thanks for your help!

I feed all 6 of my bettas daily, twice daily actually. Just very small amounts. Their stomachs are about the size of their eyeballs so keep that in mind when feeding.

I feed a couple pellets almost every day. I have had Bettas that had really bad bloating problems, so now I err on the side of caution and skip more days. I can't really do this with the betta in my 56 gallon community, though. He seems to do ok with eating more than he should. He always manages to get ahold of food that isn't meant for him and ends up with a round belly, but he hasn't had any bloat issues. I don't feed that tank daily, either.

Since you have the big pellets, I would say feed 2-3 pellets 2x per day. (assuming they are the size of omega one or attisons pro)
if you have new life spectrum, aqueon, or something small like that, feed about 6-8/feeding 2x per day.

It's recommended to fast them 1 day out of the week so they can clear their system, but I've never done it and have never had any issue.

Also, all bettas are different, out of my 26+ I have some that bloat very easily that need to be fed less, some that are VERY active so they need fed more..it really depends on your betta and his personality for you to determine the correct amount to feed.

Goodluck with him and the new tank-mates! :)

Back
Top Bottom