Betta In A 5.5 Gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingMaddog

Aquarium Advice Activist
Could I house a Betta, ADF, and shrimp in a 5.5 gallon tank? The shrimp would be for keeping the bottom clean and the frog is there because he is. I have 3 ghost shrimp right now but would like to get others. What would mix with what I have?

I think that would work. I would be careful to make sure the frog is getting enough to eat though. Bettas are little piggies and will try to beat the frog to the food. Target feeding is recommended. Ghost shrimp shouldn't be a problem either--my betta lives with 3 and ignores them completely.

Are there any other shrimp I can mix with them? I also have a Black Mystery Snail that will be in the tank. Will it be okay?

You could try red cherry shrimp if your tank is heavily planted with lots of hiding spots. Your betta might decide to snack on them though so be prepared for that. The snail should be alright, just keep an eye out in case your betta decides to nibble at him. Mine ignores my snail completely but every betta is different

Could I house a Betta, ADF, and shrimp in a 5.5 gallon tank? The shrimp would be for keeping the bottom clean and the frog is there because he is. I have 3 ghost shrimp right now but would like to get others. What would mix with what I have?

That seems fine. I have a black orchid crown tail betta with 2 otocinclus in a 5.5 gallon. Heavily planted with driftwood.

That seems fine. I have a black orchid crown tail betta with 2 otocinclus in a 5.5 gallon. Heavily planted with driftwood.

That reminds me. I will also be housing an otocinclus. All together I plan on having 1 Betta, 1 Otocinclus, 3 maybe 5 Ghost Shrimp, 1 ADF, and 1 Black Mystery Snail.

Back
Top Bottom