Betta in community trial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I decided to put Dracula my male Betta in my sons community so I could put the chi away and just stick to the 2 tanks running. He's in there now and hasn't attacked anyone yet and he seems to be appreciating the space to explore. So I'm going to keep an eye on him and hopefully all goes well and He can stay in there. I added the filter media from the chi filter to the tanks filter i Transferred him to. So that should keep it seeded shouldn't it so I can set the tank back up and not have to go through a cycle if he needs to go back in?

So far so good but it's now lights out time so I'm hoping I won't wake up to a disaster. I think he will be fine though. It's really wonderful seeing him explore and have more room he's in a 50litre (12.5g) now instead of the 5g chi.

Many people have a male Betta in a community tank with no problems. I think if you have plenty of plants & hiding spots & the right type of tank mates he'll be good. Just keep in mind things can go good for long periods of time & then something can happen so keep doing what you're doing by keeping an eye out for problems. Yes keeping the filter media in the bigger tank will keep it seeded & you shouldn't have to recycle if you have to go back to the Chi.

I have a betta in my community. Its 1 29 gallon, all nano fish tank. The betta and the 2 guppies are the biggest things in there. i am currently trying to fix my wake/current problem. But his fins are too long to chase. I may get him his own tank anyway, because he seems to like tearing his fins up and getting stuck under the 2 fake plants I have.

I have a betta in my community. Its 1 29 gallon, all nano fish tank. The betta and the 2 guppies are the biggest things in there. i am currently trying to fix my wake/current problem. But his fins are too long to chase. I may get him his own tank anyway, because he seems to like tearing his fins up and getting stuck under the 2 fake plants I have.

Have you tried putting a sponge over the out flow ? Mines in with 2platy 2endlers and 3 panda corys.

I am planning on doing the bottle trick, but am waiting for my x-mas gift of a new 30 aquaclear. then I plan on running both on the tank, and I plan to cut a 2 liter bottle for both of them. I just added today anacharis and another LArge java fern. the best in store.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom