Big Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank your going to have Algae growth like crazy when your tank gets established. Due to it sitting next to those windows. Hope you thought of that. Looks good though :)

Oh that's already taken care of I have black background to cover the tank so no sunlight can get through...:vader::onfire::olympic:

Yes.
I like to acclimate my inverts for 2 hours, via the drip method.

Alright Guys after 2days i made more improvement to my Tank I installed the Skimmer which I have no choice but to use it but I will purchase one in the future a HOB I saw a Few that are nice and I'm thinking of getting... But the cloudiness has clear up big time it's almost Crystal Clear now.... I checked my PH level and it's perfect right at 8.2 and 8.4 my Salinity is between 1.022 and 1.024 which I am pretty satisfied with my accomplishments... Next week I will get some LR and start the cycling process... But check out the difference 2 days make....:):):):olympic:

:invasion:

Attachments

• 08.21.2008.jpg
    08.21.2008.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 71
Nice! Remember, your tank will go through all kinds of changes during and a few months after the cycle.
Don't waste your tests on pH, since it will be all over the place.
Just test for ammonia, nitrItes and nitrAtes.
Make sure your rock rests nicely on the bottom of your tank to avoid rock slides.

Oh and by the way I am running a 40watt Single Bulb for now my Fixture has a metal Shield built into it so it's giving off more lite then a normal Single Fixture.... I believe if I get and 110 watt bulb I should be good on just a single for now until I purchase a T5 Fixture.....

What 110w bulb are you talking about?

The ballast controls the watts that go to the bulb. I'm not sure if your getting a retro kit? Or making your own?

Sylvania makes a High Output T-12 Flourecent Bulb Which should Work if I'm just doing FOWLR.....

As long as you have the high output T12 ballast and sockets to go with it, should work

Salinity Level

Is it comment for your Salinity Levels to rise if water Evaporates?:shotgun:

Yes, remember, the H2O evaporates but not the salt. That's why you want to top off with RO/DI FW.

Alright another Newbie question whats RO/DI FW what does that do? I know I might of red it somewhere but i can't remember... :)

You got it! I have the fancy faucets so mine is plumed under the kitchen sink. If you go the under the sink route, make sure you attach the water intake above the water cut off valve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom