Black ghost fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedDevil83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone know the behavior of this particular fish?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ghost fish

Attachments

• 1439272577324.jpg
    1439272577324.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 113
For the most part they just stay and hover alot, I'm just wondering if they have aggression I'm not seeing.

That fish must really be a ghost because I can't see anything in that picture

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also, I know you have frontosas. I wouldn't recommend pulsating any other species in that tank.

This is a separate tank btw and sorry for the blurry pic it's from my phone it's the long fish below the filter, I know not to stick anything else in my tank, I think I've learned enough from you guys to come to that conclusion

That's the wife's tank, just gave the last green terror because it was getting too big, to a neighbor with a 90 gal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, they swim vertical. That's probably why your not noticing it

FYI they are black as black can be.

I guess no one has had a ghost fish in here lol this is why I ask these questions.

I don't ha e experience with them myself but I've read they can be aggressive, which is why I've stayed away from them. I hope some one with more experience will chime in!

They have a loach kind of behavior I guess but the swim oddly like no other fish I've had and I've had these for 3 months and now they are 3.5 inches long

Hmmm .. well they are in with two electric blue joahana and a blue lobster and so far the haven't touched each other, just the bigger ghost pushing the other out of its territory. I just know very little on these.

What size tank is it in?

I've seen adults on YouTube that make a 75g look tiny....

They are primarily nocturnal and don't like bright lights. Preferring live and frozen foods. Like many monster fish they can eat small fish that will fit in their mouths.

Caleb

Black ghost knife
South American
Max size 18"
Min tank size 150 gallons
Needs tube to hide in to fell comfortable
Nocturnal
Aggressive

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have one and I love it. No aggression but they will eat smaller fish that fit in their mouths. I had a tube in for mine but he doesn't use it he mostly stays in the dense plant growth I have in the corners of my tank.

They are not supposed to be in with others of their kind. I would not think they would be a good match for any mbuna.

The LFS near my house has one of these guys. He doesn't move. I actually thought he was fake for a few days. Huge fish.

Back
Top Bottom