Breeding Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Freak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright I want to breed Angels 8) !!! Now here is the thing how 8O ? Well I shouldn't say that I know the basics but not all of it. I have a 37g high tank(30"L, 12"W, 22"H) that I just added 3 Angels to they are pretty big body size of a toonie probably. But the thing is can I add more safely till they pair off? I would then move the non paired to another tank and leave the pair in the tank alone. Lets say I get a pair how long should I expect to wait? Any other tips would be awesome! And sorry for the jumbled up post :oops:
Thanks A Tonne :D

Your odds of getting a pair with the three are pretty good. Size (age) may be an issue (not familiar with a tonnie...is that a dime or nickel...quarter?). You will know only when two become aggressive against one. Although that is true in most cases, you could wind up with three females, one of which takes on the role of the male. You will not know this until actual spawning begins and catch the "male" depositing milt.

Placing a flat surface (preferably slate or a terra cotta pot) at a 45d angle for a spawning site is a good idea. Angels usually don't get the spawning thing right the first few times so don't be discouraged if the eggs are not fertilized or are eaten by them.

A toonie is a $2 Canadian coin. Slightly larger than our quarter.

Aquarium Freak, I would add more angels to assure you get a pair. Feeding high quality, high protein foods is important. Growth and appetite can be stimulated by changing lots of water. That's probably the best tip I can give you. GL

:oops: :oops: :oops: I forgot there not everyone is Canadian. :x Sorry Jchillin but there body diametre excluding fins is probably 2inches across. I will probably pick up two more Angels for a better chance at a pair.
Thanks So Much Guys :D

No problem...at least I knew it referred to coinage. :D Try to get them at the same size if possible, it will help with the acclimation. Redo the aquascape a little and when introducing to the tank, turn off the lights.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom