Breeding Pepermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kam

Aquarium Advice Activist
I took a look at my tank tonight and believe that one of my pepermint shrimp has eggs on its underside. What could I do to helpthe eggs survive and grow to big shrimp??

You would have to remove them after the shrimp let them off their tail, and put them into another tank with only themselves. It is VERY difficult to raise shrimp, and wouldnt probably be worth the time to do it. Most of them will die before you get them out being eaten by fish and other shrimp etc.

Thanks! I just read several web articles about the topic. I had no idea it was so hard. Makes me wonder how they survive in the wild.

Well the natural habit is alot different from our own little oceans. Im sure with just large #'s in population in the wild they have alot better chance to reach adulthood.

several people have said (reefcentral.com) that Peppermint shrimp were impossible to raise but their babies DO make great food for the rest of our saltwater specimens!!

Back
Top Bottom