Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from a 3 day trip, this thread has gotten massive! I read through the whole thing, a lot of catching up!

That's awesome!. I do get wordy and off topic but you know. Technically the wolf spider was living in the fish room

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I almost gotten eaten alive by another wolf spider this evening. I made a visit to the fish and plant man and instead of just picking up my albino aeneus that I had reserved I brought home two new for me strains of guppies. Blue/green moscows and purple moscows. Bought a male brown bn pleco to go with my mother's 2 females and tried to buy some tiny Colombian plecos but he had to think about parting with them.

Tomorrow my Thai strain of black Moscows arrives along with the cory venezuelaenus also sometimes refered to as black aeneus.

Delivered some red strain guppies to the lfs.

Came home to find my small male orange laser cory dead. They are my current favorite fish so I was disappointed.

I also rearranged my tanks. There are now 20 tanks in the basement and several in other parts of the house.

Attaching rack pics. I don't know why I used sand on some and driftwood but when you've had a migraine for 4 days now you do things you find yourself wondering about later.

Attachments

• 1441859919973.jpg
    1441859919973.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 1441859938184.jpg
    1441859938184.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 83
Oh and I also got 30 various neocardinia shrimp for $3. Some are very bright red. I don't mind that they are all mixed together as I don't plan on breeding them intentionally for sale. I just like to watch them and these seem way healthier and relaxed than the ones I paid $3 each at the lfs.

Do you have pictures of the new strains? I am thinking about doing one high quality guppy, probably a form of Moscow, and making it a show quality strain.

My OCD appreciates the 10s turned sideways on the middle rack. Probably not the best for viewing but it fills that space very efficiently.
Great deal on the shrimp. 10 cent shrimp ?
Not familiar with orange lasers...had to look it up. Cool streak along the back. Like someone took an orange highlighter and drew on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh and I also got 30 various neocardinia shrimp for $3. Some are very bright red. I don't mind that they are all mixed together as I don't plan on breeding them intentionally for sale. I just like to watch them and these seem way healthier and relaxed than the ones I paid $3 each at the lfs.

Holy cow! 30 shrimp for $3? How did you get deal like that??

Do you have pictures of the new strains? I am thinking about doing one high quality guppy, probably a form of Moscow, and making it a show quality strain.

I will get pics for you today. I acclimated them with dim lights last night and this morning I was in a hurry because I'm waiting for a box of fish and have to sign for them. I can't hear the door on the basement (no doorbell).

My OCD appreciates the 10s turned sideways on the middle rack. Probably not the best for viewing but it fills that space very efficiently.
Great deal on the shrimp. 10 cent shrimp ?
Not familiar with orange lasers...had to look it up. Cool streak along the back. Like someone took an orange highlighter and drew on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Orange laser corys are my favorite. I pick up 10 on Sunday. Look up green lasers too. They are usually wild caught at this point and extremely expensive imo
:)

Holy cow! 30 shrimp for $3? How did you get deal like that??

Well he told me he prefers that I go to his house and pick out what I want because they he doesn't have to bag it all up and drive to the shows. He still vends at the shows but I have purchased a lot of $ in fish and plants from him this week so he let's me pick the exact stuff I want and also gives me a good deal.

Wow... I wish this breeder dude lived in orlando

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Yeah I know right! He doesn't ship. He tried Aquabid but found it to be a pain and so he just does the shows and swaps up here. You can get a lot of good stuff I have found if you join local fish clubs. I have to drive 1 to 2 hours to make meetings but for the quality and what I save it's worth the extra has money.

Ok so this morning I had no hatch on my second container of albino aeneus cory eggs. I'll give them 2 more days then toss and start over. I accidentally put like 3 drops of methylene blue instead of 1 drop so I could have caused this. The other wigglers in the other specimen Container are doing well. Still egg sacks attached and they just hatched yesterday so not feeding them ywr.

Green water aquarist society is in Alsip,IL and the Chicago Killifish Association meets in Lombard IL.

Also no hatch yet on the albino bn spawn. Will again give a few days then toss.

That's a bit far for me, I was hoping you were coming closer to where I live for the club.

Back
Top Bottom