Brine shrimp help!!!!! New fry!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psingh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i recently buyed "Waterlife Artemia Shellless Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs" Like on the back of it i got some water (1 pint) added 3 level tea spoons of salt and added 1 1.5ml of brine shrimp eggs says on the bottle 1ml gives 16,600 eggs. So i done all that added air stone left a light source and its been 24 hrs, please view the youtube link to see how they look atm. Any tips or help if i am doing this right? They still look like eggs to me i dont see any brine shrimp.. should i leave it longer ? am i suppost to see the brine shrimp moving around? or are they to small?

YouTube - Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs Hatching

most decapsultaed cysts aren't meant to hatch. It seems yours are. In order to get a good hatch the water should be 80F. Also, adding a little baking soda might help. I decapsultae my own, and most are hatched in less than 24 hours at 80F.
A couple of things I see from the video. Too much air, and the hose should extend to the bottom of the hatching container. You want just enough air to keep the cysts moving. Too much air and you spray eggs out of the container.
When they hatch you will see them moving.

Reactions: HN1
most decapsultaed cysts aren't meant to hatch. It seems yours are. In order to get a good hatch the water should be 80F. Also, adding a little baking soda might help. I decapsultae my own, and most are hatched in less than 24 hours at 80F.
A couple of things I see from the video. Too much air, and the hose should extend to the bottom of the hatching container. You want just enough air to keep the cysts moving. Too much air and you spray eggs out of the container.
When they hatch you will see them moving.

Ok thanks for your help. yes i am aware of the air line problem. i had a air stone just before i put it in i accidently broke it lol... bad luck for me.. i thought forget it ill just try it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom