Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using the EI method don't you still dose daily alternating between macro and micro?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea thats whats instructed. I dose my entire weeks micros and macros together in one hit and had no ill effects

What I think brookster really needs is an automated dosing system. I think it would go well with those new fancy lights!

Yea thats whats instructed. I dose my entire weeks micros and macros together in one hit and had no ill effects

I'm going to do a little reading now, would you mind detailing your weekly hit for comparison?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

40ml micro, 40ml macro, 10ml seachem flourish iron. All at once. Does cloud the tank slightly for an hour or so but i can live with it

So I could just use my current micros and macros, just up the dose? Done!

I wonder if you need to work your way up to once a week. For example dose both 3x a week then 2x etc so the fish get use to it.

I'm already dosing 2x reccomended, that's 60 ml a week of micro/macro in a 30 gal. Tank. Cap of iron and a cap of pot. After wc..

Sk3lly do you think iron has a toxic threshold? What amount off ppm of iron would that be??

Sk3lly do you think iron has a toxic threshold? What amount off ppm of iron would that be??

Yes I'm sure it does but no idea what the threshold would be

I wonder if you need to work your way up to once a week. For example dose both 3x a week then 2x etc so the fish get use to it.

I didn't bother, wouldn't hurt to though

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What kind of iron, are you talking about straight iron or micros?

I use seachem liquid in addition to whatever is in gla dry.

All this talk of plant food is making me hungry.

Iron does have toxicity to it. Don't overdose. Do Not mix anything with iron with Seachem Excel. It breaks the chelation bond... Very toxic

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Really? Do you have a thread that explains that?

I mix glut with iron once a week??

And you mix glut with your micros.... Id have to read a thread that discusses it.

If true it could be something to look into for my tank, i was overdosing iron and glut. I still would like to see some proof or discussion. Ive heard dont mix phosphate and iron but not glut...

Back
Top Bottom