Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sk3lly's auto top off totally sealed the deal.. 2 birds one stone, i lose about an inch of water every few days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Now you guys have me thinking. I think I might try something like that photo I dug up. LOL

Got plants on order to go this route also. I cant be keeping the hassle of constantly misting emersed aquatic plants. Also dont want to go with the rain system we've been talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got plants on order to go this route also. I cant be keeping the hassle of constantly misting emersed aquatic plants. Also dont want to go with the rain system we've been talking about

The air plants don't need the misting huh?

From http://www.airplantcity.com/care.htm...

"If you are growing them indoors and the air is dry, you will need (at minimum) to submerge the plant in water for 2-3 hours about every two weeks. Otherwise, in a shade-house or unheated home, you can use a soaking mist once or twice a week in summer, once a month in cooler weather. "

Either way.. I'm sold on this auto top off deal...

From http://www.airplantcity.com/care.htm...

"If you are growing them indoors and the air is dry, you will need (at minimum) to submerge the plant in water for 2-3 hours about every two weeks. Otherwise, in a shade-house or unheated home, you can use a soaking mist once or twice a week in summer, once a month in cooler weather. "

Im going to tie with fishing line so i can remove them once in a while. If they dont work then they'll be in the bin

Im going to tie with fishing line so i can remove them once in a while. If they dont work then they'll be in the bin

Good call! I'm wondering if the evaporation from the tank would suffice? ?

I'm so turning my dining room into a rainforest!!

Just scooped this little diddy!

Attachments

• 1420554936755.jpg
    1420554936755.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 90
Hi Brook man! I got your card in the mail yesterday. What a nice thought. Thanks so much. Your tank is looking good! OS.

Hey man!! Ahh can't get your attention on the interwebs so I went old school:)

Nice combo.. How much shipped?

$19 shipped priority, see how they do before I go for the fancy ones..

They arrived today, sat in the cold for hours.. seem ok despite the ordeal, great looking plants! I'll be getting supplies for mister/ auto top off tommorow, new dw should be here monday..

Attachments

• 1420849986121.jpg
    1420849986121.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 83
Oh boy, everybody's getting air plants now. You and Sk3lly are trendsetters!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Haha yah.. have you seen the rips and pals on tpt?!? Jaw droppers on there.. hopefully I can get something fun going here..

Back
Top Bottom