Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy- Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like having some time before finalizing the order so dec 6 works for me.
Anticipation and editing your cart is half the fun!
If anyone has a good suggestion on either a UV filter or oxidation alternative (155g FW tank) on the web site, I am all ears.

Yeah, it was discounted but i couldn't tell you by how much as I didn't get any. I know some people did though so maybe they will pipe in and say how much it was. :-D

I think I might wait until the group buy begins, but it's really tempting lol, but i just added everything to my cart and still applied the code just for fun lol

lol. I feel the same way. They also sometimes email out a $5 coupon for any order which is usaully only good for 24 hours. I lucked out and got the $5 coupon code for the last group buy. $5 bucks is 5 bucks.....

I've heard they have really good rock so this will be a nice pickup for you.

Anyone else reading this thread and interested? We have a whole 11 people so far and the more the merrier! lol

If I were to sign up, would there be any obligation on my part to purchase? I'm tempted, but I'd have to see the prices before I knew for sure I wanted to buy.

No obligation at all. :)

What were you looking at getting? I know the lighting and controllers arent affected in price but almost everything else is at least something off. The big deals are with the BRS branded stuff like carbon, reactors etc....Also the salifert test kits and powerheads were alot cheaper than anything I could find online at the time.

All those things will be at a discount. Some of the ro/di's are at 20% off from what my contact has told me. In addition, after you have participated in a group buy you get preferred customer status going forward so everything you purchase outside and after a group buy is also discounted a bit.

Take your time and decide, when and if you decide to move forward just pm me your last name and email address. :)

It'd be nice to get a good amount of people going. I love helping other people get deals! LOL

carey said:
No obligation at all. :)

What were you looking at getting? I know the lighting and controllers arent affected in price but almost everything else is at least something off. The big deals are with the BRS branded stuff like carbon, reactors etc....Also the salifert test kits and powerheads were alot cheaper than anything I could find online at the time.

No obligation? Then i will most likely do this! I need a powerhead,and refractometer, so this sounds great!!

Yeah, it was discounted but i couldn't tell you by how much as I didn't get any. I know some people did though so maybe they will pipe in and say how much it was. :-D

In most cases the group discount is exactly the same as getting the best bulk purchase price discount. Take for example the Pukani Rock. Normally $3.49/lb. The group buy price will be $3.19/lb for a 9% savings. The benefit is that with a group buy, you basically don't have to meet the bulk requirements (in this case 100lbs).

I purchased a ton of stuff from them last time Carey ran the group buy. Overall, the discount wasn't too great, but decent considering i didn't purchase the large bulk amount needed to get the best price; but somewhere in the middle etc.

Oh and forgot to mention, once you do the group buy you'll get preferred status with BRS. This basically gives you the middle bulk pricing on items as well as a decrease in the amount of items you need to reach that best pricing tier. For example as preferred status the pukani rock starts out at $3.39/lb and you only need to buy 50lbs to get the best tier pricing at $3.19/lb (versus having to buy 100lbs to get that best pricing as a "normal" customer)

Hope this helps explains the discount you get during the group buy and what you'll get as preferred status after.

Ok here's an update. I can take new people into this group buy up til December 1st. So you still have a week to decide.

IMPORTANT:

You must sign up on their website before the group buy begins. You need to use the exact email address that you provided me with. Thats how they match us up to the buy's discount pricing.
If you want you can use my email address (PM me for it) as the referring email, it gives me some BRS points if you use my email address. :-D

Also a nice perk is that they send out 10% and $5 off any purchase codes to your email and they might send one in time for the group buy. I was able to stack my discount coupon with their group pricing so I saved an extra few bucks.

Thanks for the responses everyone, I appreciate you all getting me the information so quickly. I think we are up to 11 or 12 people so we have plenty of room for more.

If anyone has any questions please just ask and if I don't know the answer i will contact BRS and find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody know off the top of their head how much the koralia 750s were on the last group buy? They don't have a bulk price, so I can't judge off that. the reason I'm curious is because of the deal marine depot has on them right now. I'm tempted to go ahead and get them, they're $10 cheaper than the normal BRS price.

Back
Top Bottom