Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The question is what don't I have on my list. It's gonna be hard to decide as I know I can't afford everything I want.

So far I know I need filter socks, maybe a gfo/carbon reactor and the media, test kits, NLS food and maybe an ATO and a dosing pump. Thats just for starters....LOL Gotta see how cheap they go to decide on anything.

Got you added. Anyone else before I start printing out the forms and sending out the last emails for confirmation?

Going once.....Going twice...... LOL

How do you know if you need or can use a GFO / Carbon reactor, or dosing pumps?

Does it really depend on how well your parameters are?

I've decided to DIY the sump I have now into a refugium before spending another $175 on the Aqeon version.

So now I'm looking at other options. An ATO for me is overkill - I only go through 1.5 gallons a week, so I can handle that.

Have no clue whether I need a GFO or Carbon reactor or both, and same with Dosing pumps - don't think I've gotten that far yet?

Do know that I wanna get lights - even if I wait to change them out. Also some NLS food, but now what else?

If you like carbon, i do personally, then reactor is a good thing. As far as a phosphate reactor it depends on if you run GFO for phosphate control. If you have an issue with high phosphtaes then it's also a good idea.

I'm looking into dosing pumps as my alkalinity has been slowly dropping as I added more corals.

If your calcium, magnesium and alkalinity are low you might be ready for dosing, but if youre just setup I don't think youre there yet as far as need.

Just my opinion though so others feel free to chime in.

I'm just going to wait until the next group buy. I'm pretty much going to be broke in a few days because of the corals I'm buying

Good enough. i suspect there will be another one coming up soon enough if the prices are good.

If anyone wants in still you got a break, I didnt finish the paperwork yet so first thing in the morning I will finish it all up. I'll be up early in the morning and willc heck for any stragglers. If you want in you have til I get up in the AM. LOL

I've been busy typing in all this information so I kinda slacked off a bit. Plus the forum has been really busy tonight. hehe taking up all my time. I LOVE it!!

Oh wow, can't wait to buy buy buy. Only know I need some tests for now, I don't think I should have to start dosing but jeez. I don't have sump, fuge, ato, protein skimmer, whatever reactor stuff Carey mentioned AND I don't have that much on my credit card LOL.

So am gonna have to search for stuff to get my pH/dKH/Alk and stuff inline (am thinking a couple books if they have them too).

I plan on test kits too. :) Their saliferts are pretty cheap to begin with and a couple bucks off makes it even better. I am also thinking of getting the hanna alkalinity meter as I am gonna have to start dosing my tank soon. :-(

Oh,. almost forgot. List is officially closed. I am finished with the list and forwarding it to the guy in a few minutes. We made it to 28 people.

Now we all have to wait a few more days to see if it's worth it. LOL

My fingers are crossed!

LOL

Thanks everyone for making my task easier by being so cooperative.

Yeah, thats neat. But I think you need like a zillion points for it to matter. I actually havent looked into that yet, lol. Plus I'll get points for whatever I buy as well. And some items have bonus points too.

Really? Nice! Some of us are gonna have a stockpile of points after tuesday.

It was alot of organizing and list making but I think I earned my points. lol

Plus we all got 50 points for signing up so that helps too.

I may have to have another looksie at the point thing, some items give you extra points...

Yup...

BRS Point Details
100 points =$1
Your current point total can be located by logging into your account and clicking “My BRS Reward Points”
You can see how many points the items in your cart will earn you buy viewing the blue menu bar up top.
You may redeem points with the following steps: Add an item to your cart, click on my cart and locate the box below the item that says “My Rewards” . Enter the amount of points you would like to spend and the discount will be deducted from the total to the right.
The BRS Reward Point System Started 11/6/2009
BRS Reward Points is a unique program designed to give you, our loyal customers, extra ways to save at BulkReefSupply.com. There are a number of ways to earn BRS Reward Points:

Back
Top Bottom