can i feed my otto this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_fresh

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was thinking about buying some seaweed leaves for my otocinclus to graze over, will they eat these?? i was lookins at julian sprungs sea veggies or seaweed select.

otos can eat Kale and apparently sushi grade seaweed as well. They also like lightly cooked broccoli and a little zuccini.

A friend told me his otos always starved to death so I went on a mission to planet catfish and got these ideas. My otos go nuts for the kale. Freeze the leaf first, to break cell walls, then put it in. Let it stay 2 days as the otos really love it when its good and mushed.

Very strange! I have never once EVER had to feed my oto's anything...not like if I tried, I would succeed anyway! :) Those little yo-yo loaches eat everything.

I have had 4 oto's in my 38-gallon for over a year now, and they are all very healthy. I don't scrape the algae off the back wall of my aquarium though, either, so they always have something to eat. They keep my tank clean, and I have never fed them once!

so far I have no visible algae, in part because of olive nerites and ottos, but also the luck of a newish tank. i want to keep them healthy

i feed zuchini, yellow squash, spinache leaves, peas, and carrots in my tanks. Mostly zuchini though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom