Cardinal Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice! I love tetras.
How large is the tank? How long have the cardinals been in there, and how long has the tank been established? Have you had any deaths, or any issues? What is your pH/KH/GH?

The reason I ask is I am thinking about getting a few of the cardinal tetras, but have read a lot about how they are pretty sensitive.

nice i am a huge fan of tetras i run a 10 gal with 10 tetra(black neon) and a algae sucker as forfort384 i have had issuses with cardinals but that was when i was a rookie a didt have a water testing kit pH killed um

Thanks guys. It's a 20H gal tank with 9 cardinals, but I did start off with 12. 3 died the first week, not sure if it was my fault, having them shipped, or what, but the rest are going strong for over a year now.

To be honest I really don't test.

I feed them once a day and it's just enough for them all to eat and no more.
I do a 25 percent water change once a month.

Test the water once a month and it's always perfect, and either way I do the water change.

I will post the numbers next time I test.

Maybe it's because I only have 9 small fish in a 20H tank(which I think is a + for both the fish and tank keeper), but these seem very hearty fish.

Fish are so easy to keep as long as you don't overfeed and/or overstock.

Back
Top Bottom