Carey's 60g Rimless Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whelp, the diatoms have come to this tank. LOL Have a nice layer of brown on some of the rocks and on some of the sand. :)

Been testing daily and not a tiny bit of ammonia or nitrites so i may move the other couple fish over soon. yay! poor little guys in the bare bottom 10g tank. lol

I'm thinking it's time to add some inverts so I was thinking about
5 or 6 scarlet hermit crabs
another porcelain crab ( have one already)
a serpent starfish, preferably a red one
2 or 3 emerald crabs
AND a pair of the fire shrimp

Sound good? I have 2 hermits in already and maybe 3 snails. I wasn't going to add any more snails due to the nature of the rimless tank. lol I've run across a few that made it out of the tank and a few feet away from the 20g rimless. hehehe....

Oh, wow. That's creepy lol. Good note to keep in case I ever get a rimless tank.

I've had that happen. Found an Astrea on my back porch a few months back. And it was still chugging along! Lol

I have 2 or 3 astrea snails and maybe 2 nassarius. Only what hitched a ride from the other tanks. lol

The snails that i do have are all up high near the overflow so it's just a matter of time before they go over and in. lol

I've found several snails over the last year or so away from their tanks, so far they have all lived too. They are really hardy little buggers. lol I also don't like the look of a gaggle of snails all on the glass of the rimless, kinda supposed to be clear and perfect hehe....

Nope, the porcelains have these little arms that they wave around for food. Its really neat. The one I have still came out of the pico and it getting so big. he keeps molting. lol

I'll have to find a picture of the guy, not sure I have any, he is a shy one. :)

Nope, the porcelains have these little arms that they wave around for food. Its really neat. The one I have still came out of the pico and it getting so big. he keeps molting. lol

I'll have to find a picture of the guy, not sure I have any, he is a shy one. :)

Cool, thanks!

My LFS always has these little crabs that live and crawl around in in Flower Anemones, pretty fun to watch!

Just ordered my MP10 so that should be here by Monday. Still working on the skimmer though, might find out today if I have one already or not.

Other than that everything is going well. Still have diatoms but the fish are all happy and eating. It's amazing what the larger tank has done fpr the firefish, he is always out and about now, nice change.

Might pick up some cuc today if they have them AND I should be picking up a new coral I had them hold onto, a peppermint acan. :-D

woohoo! fun fun day ahead, love fish store shopping days! LOL

I was going yo ask about the firefish ha mine is crazy kinda spastic at feeding time

In the bicoube I would be lucky to see him twice a week believe it or not. Now, he is front and center in the tank. Feeds really delicately, no spazzing with mine. LOL It's probably cause the tank is full of delicate eaters and the fact that I target feed with a turkey baster. hehe... they dont' have to do much work at all the food is shot right to them.

U was going to ask about the fire fish ha mine is crazy and spastic at feeding time and cuddles with the banded coral shrimp at night

Just ordered my MP10 so that should be here by Monday. Still working on the skimmer though, might find out today if I have one already or not.

Other than that everything is going well. Still have diatoms but the fish are all happy and eating. It's amazing what the larger tank has done fpr the firefish, he is always out and about now, nice change.

Might pick up some cuc today if they have them AND I should be picking up a new coral I had them hold onto, a peppermint acan. :-D

woohoo! fun fun day ahead, love fish store shopping days! LOL

Yay, new critters! I, too, enjoy fish shopping days! Have fun!

Thanks Lefty, this has been a slow build since like Christmas LOL.

Still waiting to add more corals, wanna be sure its all good.

The good news is my vortech is coming on wednesday!! So excited! My first real expensive and silly purchase. hehe...

I've already moved the biocube stock over and a few corals. So far I have
2 clowns
firefish
citron goby
mandarin
scooter
YWG

Water parameters have bees stable and good so will most likely add the fish from the 20g this weekend. :)

Good to hear that it is going well. I'm still trying to get over all my coral dying in 24 hours after the move to the 55. Def wish I was doing as well as you are with your tank. If you can think of anything as to why mine are dead, def read over my post about it. Can't wait to see the pics of your "finished" project.

Back
Top Bottom