Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would stick with that. That way you'll have extra room for shrimp or a star. The gobies I'm getting are gonna be less than an inch big.

The pandas are cute, but tiny. Mine hides so deep in a piece of lr it takes removing the rock and using a flashlight to see it! Just a warning cause I know how particular you are about knowing where your livestock is.

I hadn't thought of that. I hope the candcane and citron don't do that, at an inch even in a cube I'd be hard pressed to find them if they wanna not be found

You can be cycled and still get a spike, a long term stable tank wouldn't but certainly a brand new tank will over the slightest of things. Most new tanks have minor swings throughout the day, which is why sensitive creatures like nems shouldn't be added.

The citrons are good. They seem to like attention and hang out on the upper parts of the tank. My brown morph reminds me of my cichlids when it comes to personality!!

The citrons are good. They seem to like attention and hang out on the upper parts of the tank. My brown morph reminds me of my cichlids when it comes to personality!!

if only all my fish had the personality of my cichlids LOL.
My clowns and blenny are quite the characters. :) Why I must have a blenny.

Did my morning tests and it doesn't seem too good.

ammonia- lightest tinge of green but I'll go and say .25
nitrites- none
nitrates- 10 on API and 2.5 on salifert test

All the cuc in there seem to be doing fine and the pods are still crawling all over the rock and glass.

I'm guessing the extra purple LR I put in is causing a spike. Any idea how long this will last? I've always been super lucky with cycling.

I'm certainly hoping it won't be a whole week. LOL I cycled with pure ammonia on my 29g and it cycled in less than a week. And it too had established LR in it. i also probably put way too much flake food in yesterday, I have only a few snails and hermits so the rest is probably rotting

LOL Now you're telling ME about patience. Too funny. But yeah, I'm uber impatient. I've been on this build since the beginning of the month. I want some fish finally. I won't be ordering til at least next week though with this ammonia issue. :-(

lol im with ya on impaitence. i can't wait to see yours done! if worst comes to worse you'll be delayed a week but to make ot better you'll have beautiful fish

I love this new set up. That rock is amazingly purple. I love that rock. It reminds me of part of the gravel in my freshwater tank. Awesome rock...

Thanks guys, ran me almost $50 for 6 lbs but I think it adds alot of color. :) Plus it didn't have any hitch hikers that I could find, so pretty clean rock.

Yeah I'm hoping the ammonia will go down today, I'll test later tonight. I'm not sure if it matters but I also used live sand too.

Back
Top Bottom