Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I was closely checking out my 55g tank and lo and behold the sandbed is actually teeming with pods. I mean they are everywhere adn some are huge, like small little fish even. LOL

I'm thinking of scooping some of the sand out and putting it in my cube, give the pod population a boost maybe? Or maybe trying to feed them in a bottle and then pouring the bottle of pods in my cubes' fuge in back.

Sound like a crazy idea? Mandy is looking a little more plump thankfully but I'm still worried. I'm so hating the thought of moving her across the room into the 125g where I wont be able to see here every second and possibly loosing her in all that space. lol

What do you guys think? Am I being anal retentive again? LOL

Is there any way you could combine the two ideas? You could put the sand in the fuge maybe? It would give a higher survival rate..

So I was closely checking out my 55g tank and lo and behold the sandbed is actually teeming with pods. I mean they are everywhere adn some are huge, like small little fish even. LOL

I'm thinking of scooping some of the sand out and putting it in my cube, give the pod population a boost maybe? Or maybe trying to feed them in a bottle and then pouring the bottle of pods in my cubes' fuge in back.

Sound like a crazy idea? Mandy is looking a little more plump thankfully but I'm still worried. I'm so hating the thought of moving her across the room into the 125g where I wont be able to see here every second and possibly loosing her in all that space. lol

What do you guys think? Am I being anal retentive again? LOL

What about turn the 55 gallon into a fuge? Wouldn't that then be able to supply your adorable mandarin?

LOL, Buffy.... I thought about moving Mandy into the 55g as kind of a treat, like her getting to go to an all you can eat buffet. :-D

carey said:
LOL, Buffy.... I thought about moving Mandy into the 55g as kind of a treat, like her getting to go to an all you can eat buffet. :-D

I would worry feeding " Mandy" live foods would be retro active in terms of getting her to eat prepared.

Post was for you other thread.. im going to be really lost once you have 3 builds..

jsmith said:
I would worry feeding " Mandy" live foods would be retro active in terms of getting her to eat prepared.

I agree. I think it might hurt the process of switching to prepared. But if it at any time becomes necessary to because of starvation, do it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But she's so small I don't wanna have her starve. I will keep at the prepared foods for her and see where we are in another week. If she doesnt start picking up her eating habits into the 125g she goes. :-D

Good idea. I think thats the way to go until she regularly eats prepared. But who knows, she might start eating tons in a few days!

here's hoping! lol I just don't want her to be too far gone if I have to move her. It's been said it takes months for them to starve and I don't wanna put her through that. So much for ORA mandarins eating prepared. lol

carey said:
here's hoping! lol I just don't want her to be too far gone if I have to move her. It's been said it takes months for them to starve and I don't wanna put her through that. So much for ORA mandarins eating prepared. lol

Im know between ur 125 ur 55 and refug u could keep her alive just switch her out every so often...and wait for her to be the size if ur scooter ( someone put that thing on wieght watchers) then try prepared foods.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I still cant believe I won, but then again there were only a few submissions. LOL Kinda lucked out last month. Now I just need a cool shot for this months contest! hehe... I am SO BAD when it comes to picture taking, once I start I cant stop.

Back
Top Bottom