Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishavenger yoy are being extraordinarily rude, you made your point, move on. If people take your advice so much the better if not stop arguing, unless you have another point, you are repeating the same thing time and time again. Carey has been planning for this mandarin for a long time, she is ready if you still dont think so, wait and see. Its not a simple misunderstanding if nobody else agrees with you, unless it is one on your part. Now please for the third, fourth or maybe fifth time please stop.

If people (like yourself) would stop trying to speak for the OP, I wouldn't have to address people individually. I understand this to be a common courtesy, perhaps I'm mistaken on that.

I know I'm skipping all the drama in between this post, but I thought they were holding one for you? Why did they make you separate a pair? Just wondering, seems like they were holding it but then it ended up being two? Maybe they weren't "holding" these for as long as you think?

They have been holding one for me, I guess he was hoping I would take them both. lol They weren't a mated pair just a girl and a boy. The male was really really much larger than the one I got and he also had other ORA mandarins in other tanks. This is the shop I got the ill tang from and he promised me he would hold one aside, in a separate system away from his regular stock which he treats with low level copper. This was all due to the issue with the caribbean that I bought from his shop, he was doing me a favor. Or maybe he just wanted me to be able to pick a male or female, I was so excited I didn't ask. lol

I picked the fish that ate readily and was a little on the fat side. :-D

Oh, it was mentioned about the algae and pods, I have that phenomenon going on in the 125g now. I'm leaving the back wall full of thin algae for the blenny & sea hare and it is loaded with pods. Not those tiny ones either, that big fat squiggly ones. lol Do you think the sea hare eats them as he grazes? I know the blenny eats them.....

And without further ado here is a good picture of my baby. Check out the mag float hes under, see those pods? They made a home in there.

And a shot of the citron goby, can you see how fat he is? I think I have a serious feeding issue.
img_1461036_0_9fe9653f79c77f70d7ec693ba49cb7f8.jpg

img_1461036_1_de4b06f4b4859033b1016b9866c9b36b.jpg

Your mandarin is beautiful! Uhmm dumb question...where are the pods? I don't know what I'm looking at? Can you try to get a closer shot? The little reading I've done shown them Hugh so I dont know what they really look like when looking at the tank.

On the black thing above his head to the right is a black mag float which has a curve in it for the curves of the biocube, well, theres velcro on the inside part of the tank thats scrapes, the little white things that are in the velcro. The bright white one is a sand granule but the other white things are little pods. Occasionally a large one will take up residence in it but its usually the smaller ones. I kick em off every few days so they hopefully get to the rock. lol

Thanks found them. They just look like white dots to me LOL. I'll have to look on my laptop when o get home. I'm looking forward to the day I get a mandarin :)

Long time away but I don't mind. Tomorrow I get to move my rock and play with my tank :) :) :)

How's your tang? Better?

Well that took 4 days to read though but well worth it. As I just ordered a 28g jbj cube hqi should be in within 2-6 weeks so stand by for mike's cube bulid. The tank looks great by the way!!

I am majorly jealous. The mandarin is in my eyes the best looking fish ever, he's in good hands with you though carey :)

Thanks guys, I hope she'll do as well as the scooter. :)

Buffy, the tang was probably just stressed, those brown tinges went away the next day. :)

And we LOVE build threads here, so make sure we get to see everything! It saves me soo much money reading them so I don't feel the need to start another tank! LOL

Carey! I too am jelious very much indeed... im actually kinda up set... at least im honest...

I will have to take a few hours to catch up on your threads!! So for now just a quick comment :)

Beautiful mandarin! Congratulations on finally getting one! I am very happy for you! (and my mandarin is still doing very well in my nano, and shes been in there for a long time, gotta check my photo dates when I get home to figure out exactly how long haha)

Hey kelsey, where have you been? lol Havent seen you in weeks it seems. lol

Glad your guy is still doing well, I'm hoping mine can do the same. She's been eating lightly the prepared food, I've tried mysis and cyclops so far. I still have like 15 different frozen foods left from trying to get the mandarin to eat. lol
I forget, does yours eat prepared or is it on pods?

carey said:

Glad your guy is still doing well, I'm hoping mine can do the same. She's been eating lightly the prepared food, I've tried mysis and cyclops so far. I still have like 15 different frozen foods left from trying to get the mandarin to eat. lol

Lightly prepared foods hahahaha.. maybe u should have fed that to ur blenny..

My blenny has no need toeat anything LOL fat little porker that he is.

I fed her tonight and can't be sure if she ate any cyclops or not. I know she didnt try the mysis, I was watching like a hawk. But the cyclops is so small and tiny, she was pecking at the back wall and the rocks and sand where it was but couldnt tell for sure.

Another weird thing, when I feed the tank I have to shut down the pumps and all, and she went straight to the top and was pecking at the water. My best guess is she's used to getting fed that way, so again can't be sure she ate. I tried pellets, she didnt like them. :-( The goby now eats pellets on a good note, hehe

Am I being overly paranoid? I feel like I should be doing more. if you have any suggestions please feel free.

My mandarin eats prepared foods, I feed her mysis and blood worms mostly. I am trying to figure out the best way to feed; with the pumps off it is easy to target feed her but she seems to eat quicker when the food is moving with the pumps on.

I've been turning the pumps off for feeding, mostly cause of the scooter, he wont chase down the food. lol

My mandarin has picked up her eating of frozen foods thankfully, I was getting alittle worried. lol

Otherwise everything in this tank is going just fine. :)

I've been turning the pumps off for feeding, mostly cause of the scooter, he wont chase down the food. lol

My mandarin has picked up her eating of frozen foods thankfully, I was getting alittle worried. lol

Otherwise everything in this tank is going just fine. :)

Glad to hear that.:dance:

I do have some questions though. ;-)

Based on advice on this forum I switched my fuge lighting from rotaing with my regular lights to on 24/7. If pods want to grow in the fuge do they need a light cycle too?

Also, getting some red algae, havent had this before so I'm kinda unsure on how ti get rid of it. I've been sucking it up with the siphon during pwcs and I have been doing some larger pwcs' as well. I horridly overfeed this tank seeing as it has the scooter and the mandarin and they can be so picky! LOL

I also have named my mandarin, real original here, but it's mandy the mandarin. :) She looks like a mandy too! LOL

So any ideas folks?

Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom