Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I also have named my mandarin, real original here, but it's mandy the mandarin. :) She looks like a mandy too! LOL

So any ideas folks?

Thanks so much!!

I was thinking Mandy too! Great minds... Lol :D

Carey, not sure if you seen my pervious post on you name choice.. however I too have names for my fish.. was just indicating poeple who name their fish like me are a rare breed..

I only name some of my fish, its kinda a hit or miss thing, the fish has to have a name that means something to me or else I don't bother. Though I didn't name my b&w clowns and I loved them something awful. Nothing came to me with them lol.

I mean the names I have arent all that nice either.
We have ugly, the idiotic fish(two cichlids), spike, benga, big blue, blue 2, dopey goby, benny, candy and mandy. Hmm never realized we have names for alot of our fish hehe...maybe theres a pattern here.

I only name some of my fish, its kinda a hit or miss thing, the fish has to have a name that means something to me or else I don't bother. Though I didn't name my b&w clowns and I loved them something awful. Nothing came to me with them lol.

I mean the names I have arent all that nice either.
We have ugly, the idiotic fish(two cichlids), spike, benga, big blue, blue 2, dopey goby, benny, candy and mandy. Hmm never realized we have names for alot of our fish hehe...maybe theres a pattern here.

I plan on naming mine, does that make me a member of this rare weird group>:ROFLMAO:

I didn't realize most people didn't name their fish. Every one of mine has a name. Even the inverts have names in my tank. Maybe that comes with having a six year old.

Also, getting some red algae, havent had this before so I'm kinda unsure on how ti get rid of it. I've been sucking it up with the siphon during pwcs and I have been doing some larger pwcs' as well. I horridly overfeed this tank seeing as it has the scooter and the mandarin and they can be so picky! LOL

Thanks so much!!

Are you getting cyano algae?? Like the red slime?

boyd-enterprises-chemi-clean-saltwater-conditioner-red-slime-remover-3%7E17840897.jpg

I've used this on a few of my tanks, it works like magic :). Didn't harm any corals or inverts.

Yeah, I'm getting some red slime lately, I'm sure it's due to my overfeeding the tank. I've been doing twice weekly water changes and it's helped some. I'll have to give that stuff a try, I've heard nothing but good about it.

Thanks Kelsey!

Hey, i know I haven't been on in a really long time but I just wanted to tell you that this tank you are doing is a real inspiration to me. I love the ambitions of keeping a mandarin goby and just wanted to say keep with it.

Took some pictures of the cube today, even caught banana out of the rocks! Mandy the mandarin is so social, I think she might like the camera. :-D

img_1478325_0_8ca172c2beeb6c0c8b2c0791f57dee7f.jpg

img_1478325_1_b33c8ab54f0603e5176056918bc565ad.jpg

img_1478325_2_618ad084353e6acb5019230f5d491795.jpg

img_1478325_3_f3ae085e9af9d80f022655fa196b5d00.jpg

And though it's not real impressive here is a full tank shot. I really need to get some color in here! LOL

img_1478329_0_1dc3b42f406cce26ffb35ae39c8a60ac.jpg

And though it's not real impressive here is a full tank shot. I really need to get some color in here! LOL

img_1478340_0_1dc3b42f406cce26ffb35ae39c8a60ac.jpg

See I put my rock like that and it falls over, I'm also afraid if I can move it then so can the fishes and burrowers.

I've got some real large base pieces in there on the bottom, theres only like 6 rocks in total. The piece on top is actually very light and sits perfect on top of the others. This was my last re arranging when I tried that, it seems to be holding up well. Luckily I have no burrowers in the cube, just my special needs fish. :-D

And thats a blue mandarin, I didnt like the regular ones. LOL I have to be different. It's an ORA too, but I don't see that benefiting me at the moment, she isn't feeding like I want her too on the prepared, just some here and there. She may be moving to the 125g to be sure she has enough food.

I've got some real large base pieces in there on the bottom, theres only like 6 rocks in total. The piece on top is actually very light and sits perfect on top of the others. This was my last re arranging when I tried that, it seems to be holding up well. Luckily I have no burrowers in the cube, just my special needs fish. :-D

And thats a blue mandarin, I didnt like the regular ones. LOL I have to be different. It's an ORA too, but I don't see that benefiting me at the moment, she isn't feeding like I want her too on the prepared, just some here and there. She may be moving to the 125g to be sure she has enough food.

That's where I'm confused, depending on which site you are on, the green and the blue mandarin are one and the same. The red mandarin is just that red, and so is the spotted, anyway which ever name it goes by, the one you have is the one I want to get some day.

LOL, yeah I know they have so many ones. The spotted one was the green one that wasn't snazzy enough for my liking. :-D

She's a wonderful fish though, you'll like having one. Other than worrying about the eating I don't regret picking her up and waiting all those weeks for her to come in. I just hope she doesnt get lost in the 125g when she moves over. She's in the cube now right next to my computer so I can see her all day, I'll miss that.....

I'm pretty sure I've seen people with more than one but you'd have to have a heck of a pod population to sustain two. there was a male when I got mandy, but I didn't wanna try 2 at a time. I actually think if they arent a mated pair that they can be aggressive to each other. Just something I read somewhere....

Wolfpack, where have you been lately? I don't see any threads with fish from you!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom