Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like they are individual tests. Is there a combination like the API Master Saltwalter test kit.

Salifert of course doesn't offer a kit, and they are quite pricey. I just use it when I need an EXACT number.

Lemme go get a picture of the duncan, its really cool. It was a $10 frag and theres like 5 more heads starting to come in.

Here's the duncan and a shot of the sun coral, it's actually trying to open in the light. :) It's such a great frag too, can't believe I found one so nice.

img_1430042_0_05be9ac5028ec13109357bff0ece9af8.jpg

img_1430042_1_fa3f08d0956c53fa7c3fb2e8658db18c.jpg

Yeah, then I can frag them next year, that'll be soo cool. I hope to have a new venue for the corals one day in the future.

The sun polyps is a pretty large "frag" as well, some frags you get like 2 polys lol

wow looking good! nice work

my landlord says no aquarium but i wonder if i can get away with something like this :)

I like the Sun Coral alot. I looked it up before but what I saw wasn't as nice and colorful as yours. :) (I'm thinking I should add that to my wishlist.)

Hey Carey! Sorry I've been gone to the lake this weekend (and am now as red as a tomato!). That light looks good except for the 30 degree view angle, that will make it look like a spot light and possibly not cover the whole tank, 60 or 80 degree would be a lot better. The sun polyps opening during the day is good, you can actually train them to open during the day more by feeding them while the lights are on.

Thanks Kelsey! I knew you'd know! LOL I just wish I could have blues on alone for the day/dusk effect. Plus the dimming thing is so cool.

Since the 125g is off limits for awhile I will have to spend more time on my other tanks, like this one!

While I was at the lfs today buying a set of used t5's for my cichlid tank I ordered my barnacle blenny. :) Oh, and a ORA mandarin too.

I have the barnacles all set up in the pico, just waiting for him. Hope this doesn't turn into a waiting game like it was with my ORA clowns, waited over a month for them. lol

Right now my pico is my pride and joy! It has no issues and looks pretty good in my opinion. I will probably redo it again so I can add more corals. :) :)

carey said:
While I was at the lfs today buying a set of used t5's for my cichlid tank I ordered my barnacle blenny. :) Oh, and a ORA mandarin too.

I have the barnacles all set up in the pico, just waiting for him. Hope this doesn't turn into a waiting game like it was with my ORA clowns, waited over a month for them. lol

Right now my pico is my pride and joy! It has no issues and looks pretty good in my opinion. I will probably redo it again so I can add more corals. :) :)

Hi. I just started to look into a pico. How were you able to add coral so quickly? (I've read this whole thread. Haha)

Haha. I didn't mean to quote that specific post. Darn these modernized electronic devices! Haha

carey said:

Carey,You are going to put a Mandarin in your Pico which hasn't even been running a month yet?Isn't that asking for disaster again?

LOL, no the mandarin is for the 29g cube. :) I just ordered both today.

I'm not that crazy.

I moved live rock from my biocube into the pico so it pretty much didnt see a cycle. I do a pwc about every other day, a few scoops of a pint container. I keep the water really nice for all the corals.

I also started with frags, both for size and for cost benefit.

I recently added the kick butt par38 light so I'm set for corals.

I just re did it entirely like I said, I even glued a rogue mushroom to a shell. :)
Just letting it all clear up before pictures.

carey said:
LOL, no the mandarin is for the 29g cube. :) I just ordered both today.

I'm not that crazy.

I moved live rock from my biocube into the pico so it pretty much didnt see a cycle. I do a pwc about every other day, a few scoops of a pint container. I keep the water really nice for all the corals.

I also started with frags, both for size and for cost benefit.

I recently added the kick butt par38 light so I'm set for corals.

I just re did it entirely like I said, I even glued a rogue mushroom to a shell. :)
Just letting it all clear up before pictures.

Sorry for the mixup.

LOL. Imagine that, a mandarin in a 4g. Whats sad is theres an explosion of pods in my pico right now. hehhe.....they are mucking up my perfect glass

Wahhhh, I wanna mandarin.

Me too, but it's becoming clear that the ORA one I want in particular is gonna be harder to get than I thought. LOL

New pics of the pico coming soon.

Do you think mushrooms can be right up next to each other? I'd like to by more shrooms but I dont want them hurting each other hehe

Was also thinking of taking the candy cane out and making more room for zooa's. I'm quickly running out of room in this tank

Back
Top Bottom