Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He also has a mr aqua 18 g tank too. I just saw in your signature that you have one as well. Do you like it?

Assuming blue is ecoxotic and 20k is nanotuners, I'd skip the blue and get the 20k. It's nice, it's not overwhelming.
As for my tank, I do love it. I will admit it's lesser quality than ADA. Glass is higher iron, silicone isn't as clean, but it's nothing I notice really ever.
I posted pics of the silicone, since that's always a debate of ADA vs whoever, if you want to check it out http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f101/7-5-mr-aqua-bowfront-build-144328-2.html#post1262279 .

How ironic, he also has an ada tank setup too. I assume you would go with the ADA if given the choice? This is all new stuff this guy is selling, he has all the toys and gadgets but never built it.

I think he wants $70 for the mr aqua and $100 for the 60g ADA, extra $50 for the stand for it.

The ADA tank was the high one, the one for $200 I think. I'm not sure if it's sold but I'll be checking. ;-)

Going to get the par38 bulb 20k most likely, but he has ALOT of stuff I'm interested in so I gotta see how far my $$ goes today.

The ADA tank was the high one, the one for $200 I think. I'm not sure if it's sold but I'll be checking. ;-)

Going to get the par38 bulb 20k most likely, but he has ALOT of stuff I'm interested in so I gotta see how far my $$ goes today.

Which place is this? We might have to check it out sometime when I go back home.

I ended up getting the par38 bulb and several frags today. :)

Frags are still opening so I'll get some shots later.

img_1419028_0_aa728037162be4c368f5fa2bf589b5b5.jpg

img_1419028_1_a73a4b1a909c023dc1c9b7ca5af994ec.jpg

So I actually found a light fixture that this bulb fits in. :)

It's not nearly as bright as I thought it would be though. Has a nice shimmer effect I'll give it that. This is enough to grow corals right? How about a mini maxi nem? I'm contemplating getting a tad larger pico possibly.

Anyways, here are some pictures

img_1419246_0_85488218d43f5eb790f2cab276ac1bd5.jpg

img_1419246_1_542f477c03d6e0272749f7f898f9a988.jpg

img_1419246_2_81dc7bcfe1d363178b5e2b4483d2c78b.jpg

img_1419246_3_dca3ec99382ff5ae53ef83c532d58da0.jpg

Although the bulb looks like Evil's, it doesn't seem right. The printed voltage isn't right, nor the wattage. I could be wrong, but alongside the dimness I'm not sure it's Evil's par38. JMO.
Either way, the coloring is good. Makes me wish I had got one. Nice frags too.

Thanks. I may have been had. lol The guy said to just look up the specs on nanotuners so I think he honestly believed it was what he said. :-(

Does the dimness mean I won't be able to keep higher light corals? Part of the reason I got the light. It's def not good enough for the cube......

Thanks. I may have been had. lol The guy said to just look up the specs on nanotuners so I think he honestly believed it was what he said. :-(

Does the dimness mean I won't be able to keep higher light corals? Part of the reason I got the light. It's def not good enough for the cube......

Not necessarily. There's a good possibility you can, I just really can't tell you since we're unsure who really made it. If it's a decent brand, then yes. If it's some cheap chinese e-bay brand, probably not. The only way to tell would be through a par meter ($$$) or testing a frag you already have. Sorry. :/

All good. :)

I shut off all the lights and closed the curtains and it is MUCH brighter than it was. It has 3 blues and 2 whites in it. I'll have to do some research on this.

Thanks for the input!

If I were you I'd try sending the picture of the base of the bulb with all the info and sending it to nanotuners.com, see if it's for sure one of theirs

I paid like $50 bucks for it. :-( I was gonna buy the mr aqua tank or the light, i choose the light. lol Tank was still in original packing too.

After i call nanotuners tomorrow I think I am gonna redo the entire pico. I don't have the corals where they are supposed to be and it just looks too cluttered I think. Plus I can't hardly ever see anything that's alive in there, lol, the peppermints are kinda bold and the goby is getting better. :)

Back
Top Bottom