Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got off the phone with nanotuners and it is indeed one of their par38's.

:-D

So, what does that mean then? what are my limits as far as coral or a mini maxi? ( kelsey got me all into getting the nem, they looks soo cool)

Excellent. I like that I'm not limited. Well, by light anyways. The pico is quite crowded right now lol. I've got salt mixing to do a nice pwc and re arrange the interior.

The barnacles are coming in handy as the goby likes to sit in them. :) Still waiting on a barnacle blenny if I decide to get one. I'm not having much fish luck these past few days.

Did a bit of re arranging as much as space would allow. lol
Also zip tied the light head so that it hangs where I want it. darn bulb is Heavy!

In my travel I found this

www.LEDwholesalers.com - High Dimmable PAR38 White + Blue LED Aquarium Reef Corals Grow Light Bulb

Would this be any good for good coral growth?

img_1422344_0_b44050b5ab44b4612f680856b3b5c095.jpg

img_1422344_1_2f0bb05d4a72ce1d50cba6c36c05410b.jpg

img_1422344_2_aab8464a2e7e3f2a8cce151d214d3780.jpg

Thanks guys. It's still not where i want it but I figure I'll keep trying. What I need is like 2 more gallons in this thing. LOL

(thats for my last build I think shhhhh it's still a secret)

I plan on letting some of the frags grow out a bit and then maybe I'll move them. The zooa's I got were awesome but theres only like 4 polyps. And I have a mushroom that came detached from his plug...what should I do with it? I kinda jammed it in a rock spot but its floating around again. lol

Can i glue it or will that kill it?

Even comes with a remote looks awesome.! Although I'm not sure if it can support corals and what not.

Yep, thats what I was concerned about. The par38 nanotuners bulb I have now is supposed to be good for growing anything I want. I'm not sure if it has to do with the par or the watts.

I've read somewhere that you can glue them to the rock, rubble and I thought glass. Been doing so much reading, I am not sure what I read that goes with what lol.

As you can see if my thread, my head is constantly churning.

I have no clue as far as livestock. I started looking and researching what can go with what but I got lost. Let me get the basic set up done first lol.
Also that's why I say "mixed reef" cause I have no clue what's going in it but I know I don't want just fish or just corals type thing, I want a variety.

Show some more close ups of your livestock please and don't forget the names, I can't match pictures with names yet. If I see a picture and try to research it to find a match with a name, I always come up empty handed. There's soooo much out there lol.

Well I was bored so I figured I'd update here. :)

I have an onservation about my new LED fixture, and that is I have less algae!! I don't know if that's the norm but I haven't had to scrubbie it in days. woot woot!!

Also here are some photos of some of whats in the pico. I plan on adding more mushrooms, zooa's and maybe moving my duncan from the 125g over, it's kinda small.

Xenia

img_1426554_0_aa76da9767e87e487876f5f0ab1a9507.jpg

Acan Lord Frag

img_1426554_1_182f9c95d0579a946fe8bf4a082199be.jpg

Candycanes

img_1426554_2_3f4455e72fccb6882a6f8c486f309b6e.jpg

It's looking really nice so far. I was sad to see your problems in the 125, hopefully your luck will turn around.

I also have some lunar eclipse zooa's but they haven't been opening since the first day.

And also my largest zooa colony. I have some other stuff but it doesnt seem to come out right in pictures LOL.

I'm sure I'll be re-doing this tank yet again. wanna get rid of some of the plugs and start gluing to rocks instead.

img_1426560_0_f9fc36af51700df35d76ce7ad94b0e98.jpg

Thanks evil, from your lips....LOL

So far the death rate is at 2 with maybe a starfish and cleaner shrimp.

I am so ready to start my build but it is on hold. The tank came in, but I had some unexpected medical bills derail pickup. May have to wait a month, hopefully sooner then that. I did get a new puppy though, lol. One thing at a time, I am having nightmares of her chewing the stand, this way I have a few weeks to train her atleast... are you going to QT livestock now?

I suppose it will, in the mean time I have a dalmatian to train. Do you have pets besides fish Carey?

Nah, not anymore. I used to have 3 english springer spaniels but lost them in my divorce. :-(

They were my babies, but I don't have the house, space or patience and money to try dogs again for awhile.

I'm sorry to hear that. My wife and I didn't have the space or time until recently. There is a huge empty spot in the living room for the 220 to go once I pick it up. Atleast I don't have MTS....yet.

Back
Top Bottom