Centerpiece Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What about like 3 red headed severum? Beautiful and more gentle than an oscar would be. I think 4 balas would be slightly bland. Also look into ornate bichirs. They are sweet. And last opinion as others said. An oscar would look good

Ok do you guys think 3 Balas or 5-6 Silver Dollars would have a higher Bio load?

Ok I don't know where I could find severums. I think ill just go with the Silver Dollars. Thanks everyone!

No and they have a HUGE selection. Ill see if they order.

The other day I saw a video of some Pictus cats on YouTube and now I really want some! This is the stock I now want to have in my 150.
Rainbow Shark
Bristlenose Pleco
Eclipse Catfish
The fish I want to add-
3-4 Pictus Catfish
3-6 Cory Catfish and if I get the money 5 Silver Dollars. Would this make me overstocked?

The other day I saw a video of some Pictus cats on YouTube and now I really want some! This is the stock I now want to have in my 150.
Rainbow Shark
Bristlenose Pleco
Eclipse Catfish
The fish I want to add-
3-4 Pictus Catfish
3-6 Cory Catfish and if I get the money 5 Silver Dollars. Would this make me overstocked?

I wouldn't think you'd be overstocked...I'd be concerned mixing Pictus with Cories, Pictus are actually renowned fish eaters as I discovered after adopting one for a few months :(

Also I'd get the Dollars before the Pictus/Corys, in a large tank such as yours you'll want some mid level fish to make it active in my opinion.

vanimal said:
Ok so what do you guys think Pictus or Cories??

Personally I would go with cories. I have actually never was a fan of the pictus catfish, and if you go with silver dollars you already are going to have silver and black fish. I have never owned a pictus but I've seen them and they are pretty active though

Yeah that's why I like them and their spots look cool but all my Eclipse does is hide all day and come out at night so I want an active catfish.

Do you guys think that if the Pictus might eat the Cories my Eclipse Catfish will too?

He can get up to about 8 inches so about the size of a Pictus so I think Ill get 3 or 4 Pictus so I don't ever have to worry about Cories being eaten.

I love my red shoulder severum. He is about 5 inches and lives in a 55 gal with 2 festivum and a bunch of loaches. Severums are truly beautiful!

Attachments

• image-3782822441.jpg
    image-3782822441.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image-435321939.jpg
    image-435321939.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom