Cichlid cults

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frontosa Lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
What are some small, easy to catch and breed cults for my african cichlids? I often find crickets or cockroaches around my place. I want some free cults to just catch, so shrimps are out of the question. Thanks

Aren't you worried about certain diseases they may carry? Also the pesticides they must get on them wandering around.

I'm thinking some large enough for a maingano cichlid to consume. Maybe I could used feeder shrimp like ghost shrimp. I am not warm to the idea though as a cult of shrimps need water and another tank. Thanks or waking me up to that small pesticide fact, FishayFishay.

I'm thinking some large enough for a maingano cichlid to consume. Maybe I could used feeder shrimp like ghost shrimp. I am not warm to the idea though as a cult of shrimps need water and another tank. Thanks or waking me up to that small pesticide fact, FishayFishay.

No problem, my girlfriends father sometimes feeds his chocolate cichlid crayfish, that's another option.

Do you mean culls? Because a cult it a much different thing...

Mbuna should not be receiving high protein sources, as it can cause Malawi bloat easily. Their digestive tract is not built for high amounts of protein

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom