Cichlid tank size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what Cichlid's? Dwarf? How many? I've had South American cichlids (convicts) in a 55g. Now I upgraded and have African Cichlid's in a 75 gallon. Someone else will chime in but it depends on some factors. Like are you planning on putting anything else in the tank? Plecos? If you go African then maybe a Synodontis?

Convict2161 said:
Depends on what Cichlid's? Dwarf? How many? I've had South American cichlids (convicts) in a 55g. Now I upgraded and have African Cichlid's in a 75 gallon. Someone else will chime in but it depends on some factors. Like are you planning on putting anything else in the tank? Plecos? If you go African then maybe a Synodontis?

+1
What kind are you looking at. There are cichlids that can live in a 10 (shell dwelling) but only in a species only tank. Rams in a 20gL or more.

Someone with more experience will have to chime in as my tank is a nasty tank. Although I do have giant danios as dither fish and there still alive but anything else I put in there doesn't stand a chance unless I rearrange the tank, add a few fish at the time and feed them all while adding the fish. And just pray they don't home in on the new guys and do there thing.

Back
Top Bottom