Cloudy water after wc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tyspot1000 said:
Ah, depending on the discus. The wild caught and the Juvi discus are most sensitive needing excellent water, by doing water changes everyday.

Tank breed adult discus dont need as much water changes as they do when young, possibly 2 25% water changes per week or 1 50% per week.

Thank you :)

Ah, depending on the discus. The wild caught and the Juvi discus are most sensitive needing excellent water, by doing water changes everyday.

Tank breed adult discus dont need as much water changes as they do when young, possibly 2 25% water changes per week or 1 50% per week.

I've read that before about PWCs, but I was referring to his water hardness and Ph. I was under the impression that Discus like a lower PH and softer water.

I've read that before about PWCs, but I was referring to his water hardness and Ph. I was under the impression that Discus like a lower PH and softer water.

Yes, But if acclimated properly, they can go in the neutral side of the Ph scale :)

Update! More pics. I got rid of the pots and added more driftwood and plants. :) :) :)

I like!! It is really coming along. Now to get the cycle done, and get the nutrients in balance.

IMO that looks much better. Good job! 

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Great Job Roy it's awesome. Planted tank is in my future, the water really looks clear n clean.
I also see you staggered you filter intakes, Good job man.

Thank you guys! :) I think I'm getting addicted to this hobby :)

hdultra said:
Great Job Roy it's awesome. Planted tank is in my future, the water really looks clear n clean.
I also see you staggered you filter intakes, Good job man.

Thanks. I actually bought a new filter just for the extension but it is still a little short. You said it should be 3" from the substrate. It's better than where it was before :)

Thanks. I actually bought a new filter just for the extension but it is still a little short. You said it should be 3" from the substrate. It's better than where it was before :)

It just helps to be staggered to pick up lower waste and the upper to pick up waste floating high. The whole tank is very eye pleasing to look at. I want to do a 125 to 150 Gallon real soon.

hdultra said:
It just helps to be staggered to pick up lower waste and the upper to pick up waste floating high. The whole tank is very eye pleasing to look at. I want to do a 125 to 150 Gallon real soon.

Thank you. Looking forward to your new tank. Is it going to be planted?

Took some test couple hours after PWC..

Nitrite: <.25ppm
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrate: between 5-10ppm
pH: 7.6

Almost done with cycling. :)

Back
Top Bottom