Cloudy water after wc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you changing with water from your water heater? Right now the cold half of the tap is too freezing (60F out of the tap) so I mix it with warm water from the tap. My water heater spews out white mineral deposits, making my water cloudy for a bit. What's your kH/gH?

Bacteria bloom is a standard answer but there's always other reasons.

Edit: Looks like the problem was resolved.

Crepe said:
Are you changing with water from your water heater? Right now the cold half of the tap is too freezing (60F out of the tap) so I mix it with warm water from the tap. My water heater spews out white mineral deposits, making my water cloudy for a bit. What's your kH/gH?

Bacteria bloom is a standard answer but there's always other reasons.

My next target is to buy those test kits. So, I don't know yet. I don't have a python yet. What I do is I have a big container. Fill it up with water. Then I boil a couple pots of water then pour it in the container, then in the tank. I check the temp first before pouring it in the tank. Making sure its the same temp as the water in the tank.

If you are planning on a planted tank here are the only test kits you really need outside of the master FW kit:
phosphate
kH
GH
This is generally for high light tanks though. But I really think phosphate is important to know the levels for. It tells you whether you're over feeding and it can explain algal blooms. The phosphate kit itself is 10-18 dollars though depending where you get it and what brand. So if you're on a budget skip it or get an extra heater instead.

Crepe said:
If you are planning on a planted tank here are the only test kits you really need outside of the master FW kit:
phosphate
kH
GH
This is generally for high light tanks though. But I really think phosphate is important to know the levels for. It tells you whether you're over feeding and it can explain algal blooms.

I already have the PO4 test kit. :)

Hi Roy

How is the cycle going?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Pvtdgrif said:
Hi Roy

How is the cycle going?

Hey! I think it's almost done. Nitrites: <0.25ppm. :)

Pvtdgrif said:
That's great news. Well in comparison I'm just starting out! Check out my thread on the woes of listening to the LFS...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/how-not-to-start-out-following-lfs-advice-139587.html
There is a nice pic of my tank too. 

I actually already read the whole thing. Unfortunately, we were told almost the same thing by our LFS. Poor fishes. I learned not to listen or ask questions to them. I just make a thread here and know that it'll be answered and that it is the right information/thing to do. From now on, I'll do fish-less cycle. No fish will be hurt and it's a lot easier. Welcome to AA!

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
Roy you have so many friggin posts so fast.. Champ!

:D There are so many info/stuff to learn. So I am trying to learn all of them as fast as I can. Lol. I love this forum :)

:D There are so many info/stuff to learn. So I am trying to learn all of them as fast as I can. Lol. I love this forum :)

Dude, he has been on here so much that even his wife changed into a fish.
He is still trying to figure out how to breed her. lmao:clown:

hdultra said:

LOL :)

hdultra said:

Hahaha! That's funny. Good thing I'm single. No one will get jealous for the attention I'm giving my tank. :)

:rolleyes:Ok Then all you future girl friends will see how much you care for your fish and tank. And they will forshure expect you to take care of them that way. And then your fishy going to get jelouse and run them girlfriends off. :eek::eek:

hdultra said:
:rolleyes:Ok Then all you future girl friends will see how much you care for your fish and tank. And they will forshure expect you to take care of them that way. And then your fishy going to get jelouse and run them girlfriends off. :eek::eek:

Lol :D

My tank is cycled!!! :D

Nitrite: 0.0ppm (tested it twice :) )
Ammonia: 0.0ppm
Nitrate: 5.0ppm
pH: 7.4

Back
Top Bottom