Clown loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manateelover92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I just purchased three new clown loaches for my tank today I noticed on one of the loaches sides its gill flap is slightly pushed into its body the one on the other side is normal. I've never seen this before and am alittle concerned other then that the loach is doing great no problems so far and is getting along great with the other loaches and my one pleco. Just wanted to know if anyone's seen this before? I have a total of five clown loaches and one pleco. Thanks

Do you have a picture of it? May help diagnose the problem. Also, is this still the 20g tank you have listed in your profile?

No it is not the same tank. Sorry, those are the best pictures I could get of it.

Attachments

• image-3340911492.jpg
    image-3340911492.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1945304941.jpg
    image-1945304941.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1881101170.jpg
    image-1881101170.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 78
From what I've researched gill curling is mostly caused by not enough tank space resulting in poor water quality, or just poor tank/water maintenance in general. Was it like that when you purchased the fish? What is the tank size, tank mates, and water parameters? It seems there may be treatment options for this but if you just bought the fish then I would either look up treatments or just return it to the store.

Back
Top Bottom