Cons of a Pleco? (help save an innocent pleco!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay. I was thinking, that doesn't sound right... Lol. But I don't have to worry about that, I'm getting the bristlenose. I hope I can find one near us. Otherwise we will special order at Earl may.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Yeah, except I'm not sure if the petsmart near me actually has them in store. On the website it said they carried them, but at the specific store I hadn't seen any.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Well, then that gives you an excuse to ask for a special order! But I'd still go with the bristlenose.

Yeah, when I get an idea in my head, I'm set to it. And my idea of a fish right now to get is a bristle nose!! I will stop at nothing!!!! Lol!

Thanks!! I'm stubborn, and I get it from my dad!!

Lol, well we are horse people, so ya gotta be stubborn with your horses to make a stubborn horse do what you want it to!!

I need to go to the last lfs in my area that I haven't been to still. I wonder if they'll have any driftwood... It would be easier to buy it locally than order, cause then I would get it sooner. On the bright side, we are picking up the tank tomorrow!! I'm so excited!! Then I can get to cycling.

I didn't see it when I was there, but I wasn't looking for it. I may have seen it and not realized what it was at that moment.

I personally like petCo for aquarium stuff. It might just be my certain area store, but they seem MUCH healthier at petCo than at pet-smart.

The nearest petco is an hour away.

Then don't bother with it. Besides, you've for a local joint near you, and while they may be expensive, you pay for quality.

PetChains are more often than not, unbelieveably expensive compared to most LFS. ;)

Besides, they sell the plants in the tubes. Watch out for those. A friend and I took a field trip to petchain to look around, and about 80% of the tube plants were NOT aquatic.

I have mostly chain stores around me. There's one that wasn't that was super expensive, had a terrible selection, was way overstocked. They also had three puppies in a cage for sale. They weren't strictly fish, they had all sorts of animals. But the puppies in a cage was just wrong. The other one near me I haven't been in for awhile. I've heard sometimes the tanks are in pretty bad condition though, and I think they're kinda pricey. I haven't been in to look at fish though myself.

The Earl May near us has a scent selection, good conditions, and will order for you.

The petsmart was okay, and Walmart was surprisingly good.

That's all we have around here that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom