convict in an 29?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with HUKIT that a 29 gallon would be a minimum for one pair of cons alone. They're prolific breeders in addition to being great parents, so you'll have many in no time. ;)

will they be eaten or not by the parents or is the best way is to just donate them some were because all i have is a 55g mbuna an empty 29g and my sisters 20g. so i have no room for babys except for when the parents are getting old for next generation fish. if i could make a few bucks that would be great

will they be eaten or not by the parents or is the best way is to just donate them some were because all i have is a 55g mbuna an empty 29g and my sisters 20g. so i have no room for babys except for when the parents are getting old for next generation fish. if i could make a few bucks that would be great

They're excellent parents generally so you won't have the parents eating them like if you were breeding angels or something. The only problem is, it can be very difficult to rehome babies because they are so prolific.

when you say the lfs will take them is that like take them as in donation or for a little mula/money

when you say the lfs will take them is that like take them as in donation or for a little mula/money

No convicts are so common you'll end up giving them away, shops won't even take them free around here. People on Craigslist sell for 10-25 cents each, even with alot of ads just wanted them gone.

No convicts are so common you'll end up giving them away, shops won't even take them free around here. People on Craigslist sell for 10-25 cents each, even with alot of ads just wanted them gone.

That's what a con breeder would experience here as well. Adults are available to the shops via wholesalers for dirt cheap, so IME they would just as soon sell sexually mature fish at a markup than pay for fry.

If you want to make a little extra cash, perhaps turn your 29 into a shell dweller tank, and breed those. :)

really :( then is there any less common fish like this that will fit in my 29 that are like convicts in that they breed a lot and would be worth anything.

That's what a con breeder would experience here as well. Adults are available to the shops via wholesalers for dirt cheap, so IME they would just as soon sell sexually mature fish at a markup than pay for fry.

If you want to make a little extra cash, perhaps turn your 29 into a shell dweller tank, and breed those. :)
i have no clue what these are is there any information you can give me on these i have no clue about any of these.

That's a great idea, around here shellies are unheard of must be purchased online. Honesty around here the money is in Malawi peacocks, I make way more money on those than any other fish I sell. They're not suited for a 29g tank though.

Back
Top Bottom