corallife fixture bulbs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orlly16

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 48 inch corallife fixture with four 24 inch bulbs...they arethe straight pin kind with 4 prings...is there any other bulbs I could use to replace them...im tired of havn to buy $30 bulbs?

I don't know where you are buying your bulbs but I just bought 2 expensive Geisemann T5HO bulbs the 48" length and only paid $22 each. You can find quality bulbs for T5HO on line for very reasonable prices.

Okay first off you have an actinic bulb which is not for use on a planted tank so you need to get something else. Also isn't that a Compact Fluorescent 4 prong bulb? You still should look for 4 prong compact fluorescent replacement bulbs online as any brand that is 4 prong will work. You don't have to use Corallife's brand.

It's always been my understanding that you need to replace bulbs with the same wattage as the ones removed. I'm in no way a light expert or electrician so maybe someone else can verify this.

I cant find any bulbs tat match wat im lookn for...ive only found them for 55 watt and 6500k or 65 watts at 4100k

Do the Corallife replacement bulbs come in 65 watts? If so this might be an instance of having to use their bulbs. You could also start a new thread asking if you can use 55w bulbs in place of 65w bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom