Cory egg pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Get an empty plastic milk jug and cut it in half. Poke teeny holes in it and rinse it well. Ten put in the fry. Put some plants in for them too.

3 survivors left in the box. :)

Attachments

• image-4155378788.jpg
    image-4155378788.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 121
  • image-358371967.jpg
    image-358371967.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 147
Are you using the plastic breeder box? I'm trying to figure out how to keep it clean(er) until they're big enough to be moved into the tank.
I take a cup and pour tank water through a couple times a day, but it still stays kinda gunky.

Update:

I've had a couple more batches of eggs since the first. There were 3 survivors in the first batch, and a few from the second. I've counted somewhere between 9 and 11 babies still in the breeder box, it's hard to tell. Last night one of my giant mystery snails climbed in with them. Haha. I'm hoping no one got eaten...
Then tonight, I was looking in the tank, and saw a mystery baby on the glass. I'm thinking maybe an oto? He's too tiny to tell, but I stuck him in the box with the rest, I'm hoping he sticks around.
It's not a great picture, but you can kinda see the one cory fry up front, and right behind him is the mystery fry.

Attachments

• image-1988265800.jpg
    image-1988265800.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 134
I found more eggs!
I swear there's another hundred eggs in the tank right now. I must have a lot of females and one very satisfied male...
Part of me wants to save them all, and the logical part of me knows that's a REALLY bad idea... I wouldn't be able to house them all but I'd get attached and have a hard time giving them away! Especially when the only people I know to give them to don't know/care about cycling their tanks, and they'd all just die.
I briefly considered a new breeder tank for them, but I don't have the extra money, and I really don't have the extra room in my studio apartment. This is distressing. Haha.

Also, no sign of the mystery baby. I think he may have escaped the breeder box. That was a little disappointing.

Are you using the plastic breeder box? I'm trying to figure out how to keep it clean(er) until they're big enough to be moved into the tank.
I take a cup and pour tank water through a couple times a day, but it still stays kinda gunky.

wow...lol....mine were getting busy today to...again...lol....I use the little plastic rectangle aquarium ...it holds about 1 quart of water...no subtrate, only a bubbler and its super easy to clean with a turkey baster..here is a pic of it
Petco Pet Keeper for Small Animals at PETCO

Not a bad idea...

I put an air stone back in the box, with a cut sponge wrapped around it to cut down on the current. It was really beating them up. Between that and the turkey baster, it's starting to stay really clean. Plus they're eating more as they're getting bigger, so there's less uneaten food to muck it up.

Do you still do water changes in those little tanks? I'd be afraid of losing or stressing them.

Attachments

• image-2320682676.jpg
    image-2320682676.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 90
Not a bad idea...

I put an air stone back in the box, with a cut sponge wrapped around it to cut down on the current. It was really beating them up. Between that and the turkey baster, it's starting to stay really clean. Plus they're eating more as they're getting bigger, so there's less uneaten food to muck it up.

Do you still do water changes in those little tanks? I'd be afraid of losing or stressing them.

Yes, everyday....50% and they don't seem to mind it at all...25% treated tap and 25% from main tank

7 left. A couple of the bigger ones are starting to look like real fish. :)

Attachments

• image-1680258619.jpg
    image-1680258619.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 86
Subscribed! How exciting! I've got gotten corys so I am very interested in this post. Best wishes with your babies!

Back
Top Bottom