Cory egg pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. :)

Love the ram in your avatar. I just got my first pair the other day!

You will love them :) I only have one now, I had 4, but aggression issues happened so I'm down to one. I miss having multiple rams :(

Aggression between the rams? Or other fish?

Mine seem peaceful so far, hope they stay that way!

Almost 7 weeks, and down to these two. Lost one last night, that was pretty sad.
Another batch is growing out in a 10 gallon nursery tank. :)

Attachments

• image-2824484239.jpg
    image-2824484239.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2726940894.jpg
    image-2726940894.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3245627390.jpg
    image-3245627390.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 81
Thanks!

They're getting so big! It's crazy to watch them grow. I can't wait until they're big enough to be released into the tank.

It's not. She's afraid of the magic stick, I guess. Idk what her problem is. I get can get my healthy male going. Not my girl. The other male is blind, and doesn't do anything when it's dancing time.

I'm trying to get my female to understand that when the male shakes his stuff at her, she's not supposed to flee. She's supposed to latch on.

That's funny!! I have a male eartheater that does the same thing. It seems like he's always chasing the female in reverse all the time!!

So how do I know when they are big enough to release? They *look* like they're too big to fit in anyone's mouths, but the main concern are the two full grown Bolivian rams.
I don't think the water movement is great in the little plastic breeder box, and now that they're getting big, I'm afraid the ammonia will build up to toxic levels during the day when I'm not there. I definitely plan to move them soon, just not sure how soon.

That is so amazing, congrats on raising those two!

What are they in and what did you feed them? Thanks!

That is so amazing, congrats on raising those two!

What are they in and what did you feed them? Thanks!

I'm pretty excited!
they're just in one of those little floating plastic breeder boxes from petsmart, and I started out with the hikari first bites, then moved up to the bottom feeder sinking pellets when they got a little bigger. They love those.

I'm pretty excited!
they're just in one of those little floating plastic breeder boxes from petsmart, and I started out with the hikari first bites, then moved up to the bottom feeder sinking pellets when they got a little bigger. They love those.

Thanks so much!

Do you happen to know if Panda or Juli Cories will breed in the home aquarium? I plan on getting one or both species for my tank. :)

I was also curious, did you have to scrape the eggs of the glass or something? Or did you just move the object the eggs were on to the breeder box? Thanks!

Your blog is awesome by the way!

I was also curious, did you have to scrape the eggs of the glass or something? Or did you just move the object the eggs were on to the breeder box? Thanks!

Your blog is awesome by the way!

Haha, thanks. :)
It feels so nerdy, but it's a nice outlet. I think I was driving my friends crazy with all my fish stories, plus I have no concept of time, so it helps me to document a timeline (when I remember to post). And some of the stories are just ridiculous, so there's that.

I don't know about the other types. This is my first time having cories, and I've only had the emerald and albinos, but I can't imagine they'd be all that different.

I did up end up scraping a bunch off the glass and plastic plants. I had an old plastic gift card that I used, and it seems to work well. They're not as squishable as you'd expect. I did end up dropping a few in the process though. I read it's better if they don't touch air, so I try to keep a fish store betta cup close by to drop them in, then pour them out into the breeder box (now 10 gallon nursery tank).
One set was stuck to a little plastic betta hammock, so I did just move that into the box.

In case they decide soon (which it looks like they might - if she's not scared of the magic stick still) to spawn finally, what are some good ways to remove the eggs? The last time I had eggs, she laid them in the skull cave. She put them in places I could hardly get to them, so I thought I'd get creative and just put the cave in the fry tank. I couldn't see them well in there and could not get them out without smashing them. Sounds crazy, but in my own defense, I am a national champion weightlifter and most of the time it seems I don't know my own strength. A friend suggested a plastic spoon, but will this cause more harm than good if I use that to get them out of the main tank?

Back
Top Bottom