Craigslist Insanity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lt. said:
Is this a good deal?

Craigslist: Aquarium 40 Gallon Breeder Tank http://anchorage.craigslist.org/for/3324769317.html

I got my 55 with stand for $125.

If it was $1 per gallon, plus 100 for the stand... That'd be $140... I'd want to see the stand in person. If it were me I'd offer $100 and see what he says. Then go up to $125. It's up to you how much you want to spend. You will most likely have to replace the light bulbs in the hood (due to their age). IMO, The tank looks like it's really clean and taken care of.

Bearchumjs said:
I got my 55 with stand for $125.

If it was $1 per gallon, plus 100 for the stand... That'd be $140... I'd want to see the stand in person. If it were me I'd offer $100 and see what he says. Then go up to $125. It's up to you how much you want to spend. You will most likely have to replace the light bulbs in the hood (due to their age). IMO, The tank looks like it's really clean and taken care of.

So is there anything special about breeder tanks? Is it ok to have a use breeder tank as a community tanks, with schools of tetra and what not? I like the idea of the fish being able to swim in multiple directions and having more open swimming space other than vertical.

The 200 gallon tank for $800 is actually a good deal if it comes with other stuff like fish decor and heater filter and stuff like that

Ljk09 said:
I thought they stopped doing the goldfish for the fair? I also like the wedding 'decorations' you get a goldfish in a vase.

That's where I got my first fish, and my start in aquariums. My mom came home from a wedding with a goldfish in a bowl that held...maybe.... a cup and a half of water (the measurement) plus some shiny pebbles

220 gallon tank
Stand
Hood
Lights
2 Cascade 1500 Canister filters
1 Pool Filter for polishing
3 Aquaclear 110's
1 Powerhead
Food
About $300 worth of decor
3 power strips
Gravel
7 Oscars
1 Tinfoil Barb
2 siphons
RO Kit
Magnet for glass cleaning
Extra lights
About $100 worth of chemicals
And the tank is only 8 months old.
All this for $750

vanimal said:
220 gallon tank
Stand
Hood
Lights
2 Cascade 1500 Canister filters
1 Pool Filter for polishing
3 Aquaclear 110's
1 Powerhead
Food
About $300 worth of decor
3 power strips
Gravel
7 Oscars
1 Tinfoil Barb
2 siphons
RO Kit
Magnet for glass cleaning
Extra lights
About $100 worth of chemicals
And the tank is only 8 months old.
All this for $750

Sounds too good

Ljk09 said:
I like how it said 'fish that don't need a filter or heater'

Some fish don't need a heater and like it cool, (very very few) but they all need a filter.

Lt. said:
Some fish don't need a heater and like it cool, (very very few) but they all need a filter.

From what I've learned, betas prefer heaters. Right?

Ljk09 said:
From what I've learned, betas prefer heaters. Right?

I wasn't talking about bettas at all, other fish, I've read about them, but I don't remember what they are.

jetajockey said:
It depends a lot on the ambient temperature in the room and the fish species. There's lots of fish that are from subtropical climates and do just fine in low 70s.

Yeah I live in Florida and I don't have any heaters on any of my tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom