Craigslist Insanity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 guppies in a 10 gallon. 2 fm 1 m and with 2 neon tetras and a lot of ghost shrimp. All of my fry get eaten.

Yeah my molly and platy fry never made it very far. What didnt get eaten was fed to my betta and goldfish lol...Dont judge me!! Although I kill EVERY betta I have ever owned...I have no idea why...Maybe they have heart attacks going from small cups to 10 20 and 40 gallons haha

Bearchumjs said:
Well... They will turn cannibal if they don't have enough to eat. How they managed to eat each other is beyond me. One would have to eat the other... How did the eaten one eat the one that ate it? Maybe the eaten on damaged the eater and it died from injuries?

Or the owners ate the lone fish, lol.But your guess is more probable.

No I started put with 6 piranhas once and they ended up killing each other off down to 3. And they were well fed.

Lt. said:
I never knew you could keep piranhas in a tank as pets.

Lol go on YouTube and search feeding my red bellied piranhas tons of cool videos if you like that kind of stuff.

Lt. said:
I never knew you could keep piranhas in a tank as pets.

It depends on where you live. Some states have banned them for fear of people releasing them into the wild where they could become a pretty dangerous invasive species. mostly states with lots of rivers and lakes.

Alyxx said:
It depends on where you live. Some states have banned them for fear of people releasing them into the wild where they could become a pretty dangerous invasive species. mostly states with lots of rivers and lakes.

No it's mostly states that have adequate weather for them to survive in if released into the wild. Like I used to live in Minnesota and there are tons of lakes there but the reason they are allowed is because if released into the wild they wouldn't survive the winter. But they are illegal where I live now in Florida because if released they could survive because it's warm here all year.

vanimal said:
No it's mostly states that have adequate weather for them to survive in if released into the wild. Like I used to live in Minnesota and there are tons of lakes there but the reason they are allowed is because if released into the wild they wouldn't survive the winter. But they are illegal where I live now in Florida because if released they could survive because it's warm here all year.

That too! But I have noticed they are legal in warm states that have few waterways. I'm pretty sure they are legal in Arizona and Nevada. So that was the conclusion I drew when I saw the list of legal states. So it's probably a combination of the two. It's one reason I'm not too fond of living in Louisiana though. I've wanted piranhas since I was a kid.

Alyxx said:
That too! But I have noticed they are legal in warm states that have few waterways. I'm pretty sure they are legal in Arizona and Nevada. So that was the conclusion I drew when I saw the list of legal states. So it's probably a combination of the two. It's one reason I'm not too fond of living in Louisiana though. I've wanted piranhas since I was a kid.

I'll send you some if you send me a baby skunk! Lol they are legal in Kansas till a game warden/animal control sees them then its kill on site =( but we can have piranhas as far as I know

Alyxx said:

Yeah but an awesome replacement for piranhas are Exodon Tetras. They are awesome to watch. If you haven't seen them you guys should look them up on YouTube. Red Wolf Fish are good too.

emerald76 said:
Hex. Aquarium w/ Fish & stand
If I'm reading that right, they are selling a breading basket with their fish tank. Apparently they really enjoy getting majorly sick from eating their pet fish as fish sticks.

Lol that's hilarious, I wonder if they threw that in there as a bad joke. I have a friend who stupidly ate his wife's Dempsey and a common pleco and was sick for a week.

christine2012 said:
Lol that's hilarious, I wonder if they threw that in there as a bad joke. I have a friend who stupidly ate his wife's Dempsey and a common pleco and was sick for a week.

Why would it make you sick? Wouldn't eating a Dempsey be like any other bass from a lake?

christine2012 said:

D: wha....why would he eat them??? *horrified*

I don't have a clue. Unless they were sick, *shrugs* but it totally happened!

linds3y said:
D: wha....why would he eat them??? *horrified*

If I remember correctly, his wife was being a huge jerk to him so this is his idea of revenge. Idk, they obviously weren't the most stable of people lol

vanimal said:
Why would it make you sick? Wouldn't eating a Dempsey be like any other bass from a lake?

On almost every bottle of water conditioner I have seen, it says "Do not use if fish are intended for human consumption." There is something in it that apparently makes us sick........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom